Chapter 14

"What are you doing here?" They both asked eachother.

Pete looked between the two and asked, "you two know eachother?"

None of them answered him, they continued to look at eachother having their own thoughts about eachother.

"Anyway Mary, we're here to see Nigel."

"It's Mara." Mara rolled her eyes, "and Nigel is in his room." She added, opening the door as she walked away leaving the door open.

"Does she live here?" Amy asked Pete as they entered the house.

"Naa, that's Nigel's babysitter."

Babysitter?

Nigel's house looked really nice on the inside and Pete who was already familiar with the house walked to the kitchen which looked hidden but was open to anyone descending the stairs.

Amy and Kayla followed him to the kitchen where Mara sat sipping a glass of juice as she scrolled through her phone.

Pete walked over to the refrigerator and took out three medium sized packaged juices, sharing each of them amongst them while he said,
"this is the first thing we take when we come home. It's really good"

"Thanks." Kayla said smiling at him, but Amy's attention was on Mara who without looking at them immediately said, "Stop staring."

"I'm going up to get Nigel, I'll be right back." Pete said, taking leave of them, as Kayla said to Amy, "I think we did good by coming here."

"Yeah." Amy agreed.

"My favorite part in this house is their game room. You know how I love games."

"They have a game room?"

"Yeah, and a lot of games too. They use that room during leisure hours which I think is really cool." Kayla said smiling at the end of the sentence.

Amy smiled also and asked, "so where is his sister?"

"Uhm, I believe she would be on her way coming home."

Amy tittered, "I can't wait to meet her. She'll really be an interesting person."

Kayla chuckled, "trust me she is. She is nice sometimes, but difficult at most times."

"Just like Duke?"

"Mmmn...Duke is pretty crazy, but I think he is better. He's just.... not predictable, and that's what makes him annoying sometimes."

Amy chortled, "reason why you love him so much."

Kayla chuckled, "reason why we both love him so much."

"Wow, thanks so much guys?" Nigel said behind them as he walked over to them with Pete beside him.

"Jeez Dude, we weren't talking about you." Kayla flippantly said making Pete chortle.

"Ouch Kayla, why are you so plain?" Pete said in between laughter.

"Cause I'm me." Kayla said with a laugh.

"Anyway, I'm glad you guys came." Nigel appreciated.

"Yeah, we didn't see you at school so we wanted to find out how you are doing." Amy said.

"That's nice." Nigel said, "Let's go to the living room then."

"Naa, let's go to the game room." Kayla proposed.

"Naa, my dad locked it and took the keys. He just brought in new games and doesn't want us to use it just yet."

"I see." Kayla said, "living room it is." She added taking the lead as they followed behind her.