Chapter 13

Amy wasn't sure whether to be angry or concerned. The whole class was quiet as they all waited in hopes of knowing what was going on.

William had a serious frown on his face, making Amy recall the time she went to his house and found him drunk.

He looked at what was written in the paper countless number of times.

     I want us to be more than friends;

The paper said, and Amy looked back at Pete, wondering why he would throw papers at her when they could easily communicate about anything.

She looked at Kayla and her eyes were angrily fixed on Pete.

"The two of you should see me after class." William said before walking back to where he was previously standing.

His attitude towards them changed slightly during the lesson as his initial mood had taken a new turn.

              School was soon over and they all left the classroom leaving Nigel and Pete.

When they walked out of the classroom, Kayla run to Amy's side;

"I can't believe Pete would actually throw papers at you." She said.

"Yeah, it's very odd." Amy agreed, "but I can't wait to hear what he has to say about that."

"Yah me too. Anyways, you wonna come to my place? My cousins will be coming over and I want them to meet you."

"Urrr....I wish I could, but I'd rather go home. My mom might need me."

"That's okay." Kayla said, looking ahead, "my ride's here."

She informed, looking at Duke's car which was coming to a stop.

Kayla turned to Amy and smiled at her, "See you on Monday, but you can come by during the weekend if you want to."

"Sure." Amy agreed smiling at Kayla who run to Duke's car.

"Where's Sandy?" Amy heard her ask, and with that, Duke took off.

Amy shook her head at the thought of Duke being his old self, before walking to the school bus which was almost full.

            When she reached her house and went inside, she thought of calling her mom, but stopped when she heard two people arguing upstairs.

"That's so cynical Jane! You know I am only here because I care about you."

"No you don't. If you did, you wouldn't stop me from living my life."

"By going back to alcohol? By going back to what took away your happiness? Is that living?"

"Yes it is, if that's what's gonna make me forget, and you are not helping me by trying to be a saint. You are not my husband, you are not my boyfriend and you are not my relative, so stop trying to act like one."

"What about a friend Jane? Am I not a friend to you?"

"No you're not, if you're gonna be this stuck up about my life."

Daniel huffed, "and to think that I had to give up something important just to be here, to make you happy."

He sighed, "don't you realize it Jane? That I love you?"

He quickly walked out of the room in anger, leaving Jane standing there speechless and floating in her own thoughts.

When he descended the stairs, he saw Amy, and stood to look at her for a minute before walking out the door.