Chapter 26

"Run! Run! He is coming!" Jane shouted, laughing together with Amy as they run to find somewhere to hide.

"Ouwaaaar!!! You can't hide away from the Monster, Ouwaaar!" William said, bringing his arms out as he walked like a Zombie trying to catch them.

"Hurry! Hide Amy Hide! The Monster is coming. Hide!"

Amy laughed happily running in every direction trying to find somewhere to hide.

"Mom, he is chasing me. I don't know where to hide!"

"I will catch you Amy, Ouwaaar! I will catch you!"

"Come to me Amy! Come to me!" They were running around William and he was trying to grab them.

"Mom!" Amy called when William almost grabbed her.

"Come Amy! Come!"

She quickly run to her mother who caught her in her arms and hugged her, lifting her up from the ground but was immediately caught by William in the process. He caught both of them, bringing them to the couch and falling into it as they laughed out happily.

"I caught both of you!" William said, tickling them as they laughed trying to tickle him too.

"Stop. Stop. Stop." Jane said jovially, standing to her feet and walking to the kitchen.

William looked at Amy and she looked at him.

"What do you think about your new dad?" He asked her.

"He's the best!" Amy said, giving him a hug.

William smiled, "you're the best too." He said.

             In school now, everyone believed William to be Amy's guardian. They all knew. They all saw. They all accepted. Every student and every teacher. Some believed William to be Amy's real dad who had become her teacher and others believed William to only be a family friend. Either way, they knew of the closeness between these two and it was usually a topic of discussion whenever they laid eyes on both of them.

Amy had become the best student now, hitting grades she had not reached before. She had become a competitor to Kayla and Nigel who were then the best students in the school. She was now a household name and so far, the best Mathematics student in the school. Her method of calculation had become easier than that of her mates.

Parents were now calling the school to get William to become a private tutor for their kids but he refused all of them, stating that he had his mind focused on only one student, Amy Watts.

She finally had a dad, a teacher and a bestfriend.

Most of the kids in her school wanted to be friends with her now but she only had three friends, Nigel, Pete and Kayla.

          As time went on, she forgot about her problems, her worries, her fears, her failures and her real father. She forgot about him and she forgot about her diary.

Amy did not make an entry. The last thing she wrote was;

Dear Diary,
             I am finally happy.

           Days went by, weeks went by, months went by and finally Amy was turning Eleven.

William, Jane and some neighbours of the vicinity were moving up and down in the house trying to set up a nice birthday party for her.

"I just spoke to Duke." Jane said, "he says they're at the mall."

"Good. He should keep her distracted." Mrs. Carson, their next door neighbour said.