personal blanket- y.b

You and Yelena had only known each other for around a month. Nat had brought her back to the compound to become an Avenger after taking down the Red room.

You used to be in Hydra's control which means you have your fair share of trauma and PTSD. However, you were an amazing liar so no one ever found out.

You and Yelena had been sent on a week long stake out to help take down the last few hydra bases. Everything was going well even though it was just the second day into the stake out.

The biggest problem was that you only had one bed. Neither of you wanted to sleep on the floor and the furniture was like sleeping on concrete so you both compromised and slept in the same bed.

It was small so was difficult to have both of you sleep in it, especially because you made a pillow wall in-between you both to give you both some privacy.

You had both settled down for the night after a pretty exhausting day of fighting Hydra agents. You both had your fair share of bruises and minor cuts but nothing big enough to cancel the mission, well not yet.

You had just fallen asleep but within no more than 1 and a half hour of your sweet slumber it was invaded with past memories of Hydra.

All the memories flooded your mind like a tsunami attacking a city. The times when you was just their doll that they manipulated and used as they wished.

The times where you were told your feelings were invalid and you was nothing. Nothing you would ever do would make you worth while of any one's time.

Your breathing got heavy and uneven and your mind had a war with itself. You thought it would never end like Hydra was your destiny and you would never escape them.

That was until you felt two hand shake you and a reassuring voice speak to you "y/n wake up it's just a dream it's not real. I'm here you're safe" with that you jolted up right gasping for air to fill your lungs but no amount of heaving gave you the result you wanted.

Tears streamed down your face as panic set in because you could not breathe.

You clung onto your chest trying to convince it to let the air in. Yelena moved so she was sat in front of you and cupped you cheeks with her hands.

"y/n I need you to breathe with me okay in and out" she started to over exaggerate her breathing for you to mimic and after a minute you breathing got easier but your chest still burned from the stress and lack of oxygen.

"do you want to talk about it" you shook your head not trusting yourself to use your voice as it would probably betray you.

"that's okay. I get them sometimes too and I'm pretty sure Nat does as well. I guess it just comes with the job" she let out an awkward chuckle trying to lighten the mood

"It sucks" was all you could say. You then realised you was in her arms as she was trying to keep you safe. "thank you" you mumbled as for the first time you didn't think your mind would win the battle.

She laid back down and you followed. Still a little startled by what had happened and what could of happened if Yelena wasn't there.

"hey can I try something if it doesn't work we don't have to do it?" you looked at her confused as to what she meant but reluctantly nodded your head.

She repositioned herself so her head was on your chest and her arms were around your waist. You were confused at first but soon realised what she was doing. She was using her own weight as a sort of weighted blanket to soothe your nerves.

"does this help if not I can move but it sometimes helps me so thought it might help" you siled slightly at her rambling before responding. "yeah this helps". You both drifted off and you slept for another 7 hours before the light outside your window woke you up.