attempt-y.b

I had always wanted to die and i knew it was inevitable. I'd asked for help many times but i was always told that i was being 'dramatic' or 'over the top' and i would get over it. But i never did.

And now here i am standing on the ledge of the the Avengers tower waiting for my perfect moment to jump. I was never one for commitment but this i would always be committed to this i was going to jump. today.

Yelena's POV

Everyone is well aware of Y/n mental health issues but recently she has said she has being doing good. But no one could find her tonight.

"Wanda i'm getting really worried i can't find her anywhere" my voice uneasy and laced with concern. " i know Yelena we will find her she will be okay" i knew she was trying her best to be reassuring but all i could think of was the bad stuff.

" Mrs. Belova y/n has been located on the roof" FRIDAY announced to the team but directing it at Yelena.

Everyone raced upstairs to the roof

Third person

Y/n was standing on the edge of the roof with a drink in one hand and her other arm out for balance. They was reckless with one leg not even touching the ground beneath her.

Yelena's POV

"stay here and be ready for if she jumps" i told the rest of the team as i slowly stepped onto the roof.

"hey y/n what you doing?" "what does it look like Yelena, i'm so sorry but I can't take it anymore"

my heart rate started to raise rapidly as i thought of what would happen if she stepped off the roof. 

"just listen to me please things will get better i promise you will be happy" my voice trembling.

" i didn't ask for happiness i just wanted a little less pain" her voice was steady and this threw me of guard.

I edged closer to her in tiny steps as to not alarm her but her gaze wasn't fixed on me it was fixed on the stars above her.

" i know that but you can't give in not now when your so close to the end of your pain"

Her head shook slightly at y comment and now i was by her side. I stepped up onto the same ledge she was on.

Tears sparkled in her eyes but apart from that i couldn't see any other emotion on her face. I didn't know what to say or do I've never done this before and if i screwed up i couldn't face the consequences.

Her hand were laid loosely at her sides and before i could even think my hand slowly clasped with hers.

She slightly  turned her head to make eye contact with me she had only just taken in that i was now in the same spot as she was.

"w-what are you d-doing" her voice now trembled slightly. " i know your hurting y/n and i know that you have tried everything to make yourself feel better but im not letting you do this alone"

" you shouldn't be here Yelena y-you can't be here" i was about to reply when a noise came from beneath us and both our heads practically snapped downwards to see what it was. The whole team was watching from below ready for anything.

She looked back at me with a hint of betrayal in her expression. "i'm not letting you do this darling."

"please step off the ledge and we will talk about this and i will help you" she clearly hated this idea but she knew if she jumped she would be saved from hitting the ground.

Her hand clasped mine tighter making sure i didn't fall as we both stepped back from the ledge.

Within seconds of stepping back her legs betrayed her and she collapsed in my arms soft sobs leaving her mouth.

" i have you love but you cannot find peace by avoiding life"

We stayed like that until the sun rose and her sobs stopped. Even if she did jump i knew i would jump behind her knowing that my life was nothing without hers. Our souls had clasped together and i would not let her go.