Chapter 4

Hannah

Luna smacked her hand over his mouth before he could finish accepting my rejection.

"You finish that sentence I will put you in the ground myself. By doing that, you are proving everything she just said about you." Luna says with a firm glare. Micah nods a little and she removes her hand, still watching him closely.

"I won't say it." Micah says annoyed and runs his hand through his hair. I watch the movement, my eyes trailing his hand. Micah sees my gaze and smirks at me. That pisses me off and I return my gaze to Alpha.

"Hannah, I'm not saying you're wrong," Alpha says making Micah growl at him. Alpha snarls back and Micah wilts under his firm glare. "But if there is any chance of him changing, it's you. A mate brings out the best in a person, especially an Alpha. You can be the change you say is needed. That's an opportunity if you ask me." He says and I smile at him.

"That sounds pretty and all, Alpha, but I'm not about to hinge my future and my happiness on the hope that I can bring out the good in my mate. And it's not fair to ask me to." I say matter of factly and Micah scoffs from the corner.

"What does any of this matter anyway? I already rejected him. It's not like I can just take it back." I practically shout and Luna clears her throat.

"Well, actually, if you mark him it would restore your bond. It would be your way of accepting him." She says and I sigh while Micah let's out a frustrated snarl.

"You don't want me either, Micah. Why don't you just admit it?" I ask him and he rolls his eyes.

"Who says I don't want you? I've always wanted a mate. Yeah I didn't expect it to be you, but I'm at least willing to try." He says shrugging and I scoff at him.

"Yeah, you're not the one who's been tormented for the last five years so it's easy for you to say." I say irritably and my mom cuts in.

"We don't seem to be making much headway. Maybe we should take a break for today." Micah groans and I glare at him.

"Hannah, can I talk to you? In private?" He asks and I shrug.

"Fine."

I follow him out of the office and up the stairs and into a room. As soon as I step inside, I'm engulfed in his scent. It's not as strong or as enticing since I broke the bond, but it still smells damn good. I discreetly take little sniffs as he closes the door behind us. He comes up behind me and pulls my hair over my shoulder, unapologetically taking in lung fulls of my scent.

"God damn you smell good, baby." He murmurs and I pull away from him.

"That's just the mate bond talking." I say and he grunts in response.

"Nah. You've always smelled good." He answers taking another step towards me and sniffing. I can see his tense body visibly relax before he sits on his bed.

"I think you know what I'm going to say." He says leaning back on his headboard.

"You're going to accept my rejection?" I ask and he smirks before chuckling lightly.

"No. I'm going to say we should try to at least get along." He says with confidence and I roll my eyes.

"Why don't you just accept that you don't want me and we can both move on?" I ask stubbornly and he growls a little.

"I do want you. You're smart and hot what else could I want?" He asks, smirking at me.

"You didn't like me yesterday. The only thing that's changed now is the mate bond. That's not enough to build a relationship on." I point out and he rolls his eyes at me.