Room

Xavier

After Renato disappeared, the heavy weight I felt when he was in my shadow disappeared. I felt lighter. Alterna appeared calm now, and then looked at me.

"If you want to save your kingdom, you have to practice your true ability," Alterna said.

"How do I do that? Do I follow what Renato has taught me?"

"If you mean the way to use your ability, the answer is yes."

"Is it ok if I practice it on you?"

"You may, but let us practice it in the training room. Hold my hand then close your eyes so we can go there."

I did as he told me and when I opened my eyes, we were in the training room. He distanced himself from me while I stayed on one spot. Then, the training began.

Sir Renaldo
I can't believe that the three of us are stuck in this room. It's a white room without doors, and the only thing besides walls were big windows from each side.

"Why won't the window turn into a door?" Wizard Flair asked loudly.
"Perhaps magic doesn't work..." Wizard Shimura replied.

I tried smashing the window, but it didn't work. I only ended up hurting myself. I knocked on it and it sounded like a hard type of glass. The surroundings I saw outside the windows were full of different colors shifting to another color every few seconds.

"I wonder how long we're here. Instead of being with the princes- protecting them- we're stuck here until who knows how long!" complained Wizard Shimura.

"There must be a way out of here. We just need to keep trying," Wizard Flair said.

Just a few moments later, a huge white door appeared in the center of the room. We all looked at it. I decided to open the door and it opened. Inside there were shifting colors. I went inside first and then I was covered with light.

Xavier
I wiped my sweat that was rolling down my head.
"That's enough, white haired prince."
I exhaled and then sat down on the floor.
"My name is Xavier Rain, King Alterna," I replied.
"You don't have to call me king anymore...that title has expired. Calling me prince is just fine," Alterna said politely.
Calling him king slipped out of my mouth. Anyway, just a small mistake is nothing to worry about. Suddenly, a door formed out of light appeared in the center of the training room. It opened and then covered us with bright light that it forced me to close my eyes.
"Prince Xavier?"
That familiar voice belonged to Wizard Shimura.
"What is it?" I replied.
I opened my eyes and saw the three royal partners standing in the center of the room.
"Prince Xavier! I'm glad you're safe!" Wizard Shimura came to me and gave me a hug.
"Where did you three go?" I asked curiously.
"Well," Sir Renaldo replied, "we were stu-" He stopped when he saw Prince Alterna frown at him.
"That is not important, Prince Xavier, the important thing is that they are here now," Prince Alterna angrily replied.
Sir Renaldo and Wizard Flair whispered among themselves something I could not hear.
"Please follow me to get to your room, royal partners," Prince Alterna said.
Wizard Shimura nodded. The other two started to follow Alterna.
My royal partner whispered to me, "Becareful on what you do, Prince Xavier, he can do things you would not imagine."
He then followed Prince Alterna. I was left in the room, alone. I decided to go back to my room.

Sir Renaldo
We followed Prince Alterna and he led us to a gold colored door with a bronze doorknob. He opened it and I saw a light yellow colored room, with two bunkbeds, one on the left and right side.

"I hope you all like your room," Prince Alterna said, "If you need anything, just tap the callbell in your room."

All of us nodded. He then left. We went inside. Each of us talked first about which bed we want to take. Afterwards, we laid on our bed. I was at the bottom right. Although the wizards slept quickly, I couldn't sleep a bit. I kept turning over and over my bed. I decided to tap the callbell. It had a pleasant sound. There was someone who knocked on the door. I opened it up.
"What do you need?" Said the brown haired maid.
"Can I go to the garden for a walk?" I asked.
"Sure, follow me, but make it short though, since Prince Alterna does not like guests out of their designated room."

I nodded and followed her. It took a while because the place was huge. Once I was in the garden, the maid sat on one of the benches near the fountain that was in the middle of the place. The garden was just right, not too small or too big and it was also located at the ground floor of the castle. I walked around the area and looked at the flowers that were growing. There were red roses, yellow lilies, and pink carnations. They all looked well cared of.

"What are you doing here?"
That familiar voice...
I looked at my back and saw Prince Alterna. I was about to speak when the maid stood and spoke for me.
"Forgive me, Prince Alterna, I was summoned by the call bell in this knight's room; he wanted to go to the garden for a walk."
Prince Alterna looked at me carefully.
"You are not sleepy yet?" He asked kindly.
I nodded my head.
He then went to a part of the garden that has poppies and picked one. He faced me then said, "These poppies that makes one sleep comes from a faraway place. I highly suggest you smell it only when you're in your room."
He then gave the flower to me. I held it in my left hand.
"Maid Filia, please escort him to his room."
"Yes, your highness." The maid bowed then motioned me to follow her. Some time passed before I reached my room. I thanked the maid and then smelled the flower. It had a pleasant scent that made me sleepy. I went to my bed to sleep.