Progression

Hello everyone! Thank you for the 100+ reads and for following me. If you enjoy this, please vote and comment :) ~GallantZero
----------------------------------------------------------

Hiro

My Holomessanger blinked. I opened it and it showed a hologram of Alessandro. He looked uneasy about something.
"Hello, Hiro. I have terrible news..."
"What's the news about?"
"Hope and Grace school is surrounded by  shadow barriers. Also, scary creatures have began to  live in the school area, meaning-"
"The school will be closed?"
He sighed. "Yes. But there's more. The Nightmare kingdom made a shadow barrier so it will make them stronger!"

What?! I never knew that kingdom could move very quickly...
"That's bad! Really bad! How do we remove the barrier?"
"Our kingdom's sorcerers and sorceress have tried removing it, but it didn't work. My parents have told Storm's parents about this. Hopefully, they can remove it..."
That Nightmare king is causing chaos! I want to stop him right now!
"Alessandro, how about the proposal your parents made? Is the correct activation method of the Heaven crystal already finalized?"
"Yes. We'll-"
"That's great! We'll be able to stop him soon!"

"Hiro, let me finish. We'll need to solve puzzles and complete challenges to get to the top of the mountain. It won't be easy. After we get to the top, remember, we must step on our respective places in the magic circle. Finally, we must use all our abilities at the same time to give the Heaven's crystal enough power to function."

My happiness faded.

"Alessandro, that's a lot of challenges. Isn't there any other way to get to the top quicker?"
"Nope. Oh, and one last thing. All of us has to have their hidden ability developed before we go to the mountain."
"What's a hidden ability?"
"It's a special ability that is hidden until we find some way to trigger it or at a certain age. Usually, it happens at age ten."
"Wait, so we have to wait for three years?!"
I can't wait for that. That's too long!
"Calm down, Hiro. Maybe one of us already have triggered their hidden ability. I'll ask the others later. Good bye for now."
I relaxed somehow.
"Alright, goodbye."
My Holomessanger closed.

Xavier

I've been training with Wizard Shimura for two hours already, but it seems I can't control it! This is so upsetting!
"Do you see anything now, Wizard Shimura?"
"No, not yet. Keep trying, Prince Xavier."
I sighed, and focused my gaze on him. I thought of a present that was floating beside him.
"How about now?"
"Nope."
Grr. I tried closing my eyes then thought of the same thing, before focusing my gaze on him once again.
"Now?"
He shook his head. I sat on the benches nearby. I didn't expect this to be so hard. There has to be a way to control this ability...I closed my eyes to rest them. The next thing I knew, I heard a familiar voice speaking in my head.
"You can't control it, can you?"
It laughed at me mockingly. I replied back.
"It is only normal for that to happen at first. Who are you anyway?"
"My name is Renato. The only way you could control it is if you could pass all the hallucinations I give you. Which is right now."
My eyes opened. However, I wasn't in my castle and Wizard Shimura was nowhere to be seen. The place was black, nothing else. I looked at the bottom and it was the same.

Black everywhere.

I walked around, even if I didn't know where I was going. Then, I heard something click. A white staircase appeared in front of me. I carefully went up. When I reached the end of the stairs, white floating platforms appeared. I heard something fell. The steps of the stairs were rapidly falling. I quickly jumped to the platform in time before the last step fell. The platform shook violently. I jumped to the next one. The platform I was previously on disappeared in a poof. The same thing happened, so I kept jumping until I was on the last platform. This platform didn't shake. It went up. After some time, it stopped. A white pathway appeared. I slowly stepped on it. Nothing happened, so I kept going until the pathway led me to a red room which had no windows and doors. The wall behind me closed.
"Let's see how fast you can react to this!"
I could hear Renato, but he wasn't here.