Not For The Faint Hearted

Author
       After Alessandro was done double checking his finished research about the Heaven's Crystal, he reached out to his Holomessanger to record his message. But in the midddle of his recording, a brown out occcured.

"Gah!" Alessando dropped his Holomessanger, and tried searching for a flashlight. It was very dark.

Alessandro
       Not good...need light! Where, O WHERE could that flashlight be? I know I put it nearby...don't panic, don't panic!

"Here it is!"

I switched on what my hand felt was the switch of a flashlight. Luckily, the flashlight still worked. I took a deep breath and tried to look for the nearest exit. After taking several steps, I felt someone following me. When I turned around, nothing was there. However, the feel of being followed still continued. I took another deep breath and exhaled slowly.

To comfort myself, I murmured: "There's nothing there. You know that well, so calm down, will you?"

I speed walked in the direction I knew well that would lead me to our garden. This is strange... by now, the electrician should have the lights on. The silence was disturbing--until I heard footsteps other than my own. My hand holding the flashlight shook terribly. I stopped, looked back, and spent a few moments scanning the area with my flashlight. There was still nothing there. But when I continued on my way, my flashlight flickered and went out. I gulped and felt my heat beat fast, so fast as if it would jump out. My mind couldn't focus. All I wanted was to get out of here.

Out of nowhere, a scary voice said, "Afraid of the dark, aren't you?"
Helplessly scanning the area, I said, "Who are you? S-show your self!"

Something grabbed me from behind and covered my mouth, muffling my screams. I thrashed around, and while doing so, saw the eyes of the person who grabbed me. He had yellow colored eyes.

"Shh. Sleep."

He placed his hands over my eyes, and something caused my body to go still. I couldn't move my body, even my mouth. He dropped me and later on, I noticed that I was sleeping with my eyes open. I heard voices in my ears, while I hyperventilated. I felt being choked while struggling to wake up. Suddenly, an orange glow surrounded me, and waked me up, allowing me to regain control. For some reason, I could clearly see my surroundings. I wasted no time to reach the garden. Once I was there, I felt much better.

Our garden can maintain itself. There was a mini waterfall on the left side, near the exit of the garden. There was some fish at the bottom of the waterfall, covered by some lilypads. There were hanging potted plants above me and each had a growing Daisies in it. Below it were colorful flowers from all over the world. There were some benches in certain parts of the garden I sat on the nearest bench, beside the waterfall.
What was that orange glow? It's unnatural...unless an ability is activating!

Murmuring, I said, "I might as well focus on bringing back the electricity in our castle first..."

I looked at where I came from; it was still dark. I wonder how my ability works...

Rumble...rumble

I looked around me. Nothing seems to make this sound.

Snap!

I looked up and a hanging potted Daisy was falling on me. I covered myself with my hands, expecting pain, but I didn't  feel it. The orange glow outlined my hands and the plant, and it was suspended in the air. Somehow, I could feel its heaviness. I moved my hands to the right and set the plant gently on the ground. The glow slowly faded.
That was close. Hmm...if that orange glow gave me light then...