Breaking Timelines

Florentino (Flashback)

"Are you the older prince of Kingdom Valiente?"
I searched for the source of the deep voice and saw a man with black hair and yellow colored eyes.
"Yes, why?" I brought Hiro closer to me.
"Well, I have heard of your younger brother. I just want to give a gift to him."
The moment I saw him, I knew he cannot be trusted.
"Sorry, but we ha-"
"Brother, he's just giving a gift. We can give some of our time, right?" The earnest eyes of my younger brother persuaded me.
"Fine, but only a moment."
"Thank you for giving your time. Before I give the gift, young prince, answer this question first."
"Ok, ask me!"
"What does a human use to see?"

What an odd question.

"Their eyes."
"Yes, that is correct!"
The stranger formed claws out of shadows and brought it down on Hiro's left eye. I was stunned.
"Ooooowwwwww!"
When I looked at my brother, I noticed it bleeded. This was not good at all...with anger, I said, "You! How could you do this to him!"
"Your kingdom is a threat to mine...let this be a warning to all of you basic kingdoms!"

In that moment, a strong power enveloped me, and I said, "Two years later, you and your kingdom shall be sealed away by the princes of the Basic Kingdoms!"
Before he disappeared, he replied arrogantly, "Let's just see if it happens!"

(Two years later...the present time)

I still remember that day. I hope what I said does come true. Checking the time, it was 10:30am. Sorceress Almira will come here soon to awaken Hiro's hidden ability. Currently, I was in the same room as my younger brother. He was angrily throwing darts at a poorly drawn drawing of the man two years ago.

"Hiro, that's unhealthy."
Without turning his head, he said, "I greatly dislike him."
Firmly, I said, "Stop!"
He had a dart about to be thrown, but he stopped it at the last minute. Facing me, he said, "Brother, I am just training myself so I can defend myself from him!"
"Defend? With that angry face, it seems like you want to hurt him."

His face of anger turned to frustration.
"Well, why can't I? He's the one who slashed my eye!"
With a bored tone, I said, "Hiro, for the nth time, you shouldn't do that. Revenge will just bring you trouble. Also, that is just what he wants. Do you want him to get what he wants?"
His right eye looked at the left, and with a defeated tone, he said, "No."
"Younger brother, I know he did bad to you, but that does not mean you should do the same. Don't let him get to you."
I gently grabbed his arm and told him, "Let's go to the living room. Sorceress Almira is already there."

While we were going there, he asked, "Brother, why are you always so sure of what you say?"
Gently smiling, I replied, "Hiro, you know I have the ability to see the future. You should not be too surprised."
"Says you who has a cool ability! I bet you would be surprised if I could see everything before you do!"
"Ha ha!" I couldn't keep my laughter. "As if that will EVER happen!"
He pouted, and before he could reply, we were in our destination. Sorceress Almira was talking to our parents. Our mother noticed our presence and told the Sorceress something. She faced our direction and bowed respectfully.

"Good morning, your highnesses. It is an honor to meet you."
"It is wonderful to meet you, Sorceress Almira. So, are we going to awaken Hiro's ability now?"
She nodded her head, then said, "Before we proceed, there is one thing I must confirm with Prince Hiro."
My younger brother asked, "What is it, Sorceress Almira?"
"Will it be all right to awaken your ability through your left eye?"
He blinked, then asked, "What do you mean?"
"A person's hidden ability can be awakened in certain parts of the body, but the eye has the highest success rate of awakening it. If you sacrifice it and it is a success, it will function normally. However, if not, you will be asleep for a short while."
There was silence and Hiro was staring at the Sorceress. I was about to speak when he said, "It is fine with me, but please make sure you don't damage it further."
"Understood. Your highness, please clip the hair covering your left eye and stand in the center of this room."