Darkening Phase

Hi, everyone! I updated this part to be more meaningful. If you like this story, please like and comment!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Author

Three weeks has passed. Shimura studied about the phase and had come up with a potion to suppress the Darkening phase. So far, there has been no sign of the first stage. Still, he kept an eye on Xander. Then, one day, it came on a school day. Xander and the other students in their section were having their Combat class. For this day, their teacher was sick. Their substitute teacher was Mr. Fang.

"Today, all of you are to have a test. Please pick the weapon of your choice."

Now, the weapons in this class were wooden, but strong enough to cause damage. Some of them were Arnis sticks, nunchucks, and wooden swords to name a few. Xander chose the wooden sword, while Florentino chose an Arnis stick. The test was more difficult than usual, since they have to battle their teacher. The students were called by number. Some of them didn't do well. By the time it was Xander's turn, Mr. Fang changed his weapon to a sharp metal sword. Xander was shocked by this. Everyone was silently scared. Shimura prepared his potion and spoke.

"Mr. Fang, that type of sword isn't allowed for their grade level yet. Please use the appropriate sword."

He glared at Shimura. "Quiet! Don't tell me what to do!" Shimura sighed.

He faced Xander . "Your teacher, Mr. Kendo told me you were a superb student in his class. If that is true, then you would be able evade my attacks."

Xander felt a weird excitement for this, and for some reason, didn't felt fear. The test began, and so far, everything went well. However, Mr. Fang went quicker, and hit harder. At some point, Xander's eyesight darkened, and he felt dizzy. This made Mr. Fang accidentally stab his sword on Xander's sternum. Immediately, he stopped. The substitute teacher felt fear. Xander didn't react at all. He had blood dripping on one side of his mouth. Yet, he was still standing up.

"Mr. Fang...I feel dizzy. I can't see anything. Is the test over?"

The teacher, along with Shimura immediately brought him to the clinic. Xander was still awake, but by then, he was breathing very heavily. The wound was wrapped quickly with bandage. Wizard Shimura let Xander drink the potion he made.

"When did you feel dizziness?"

"Halfway through the test..."

"Why didn't you tell me about this? We could have stopped sooner."

"I wanted to complete the test." Xander closed his eyes. A whisper came out of his mouth. "You'll pay dearly..."

The teacher heard this, and shuddered. Shimura calmed the teacher down. He sent Xander to the castle, specifically in the clinic. By evening, he woke up.

"You feeling better, prince Xander?"

"I think so. Where is Mr. Fang?" He looked around and only saw Xavier and Shimura. Xavier had a sad face.

"You don't have to worry about me. I'll be fine." He said in the direction of Xavier.

"I know I shouldn't be saying this, but Mr.Fang told me to tell you failed the test. He wasn't one bit worried about you." Xavier said in an angry-sad tone.

"Never mind that, I'll do better next time. Besides, he will be accountable for what he did."

For a moment, Shimura felt a dark aura emanating from Xander.

"Prince Xander, your dinner will be served in your room. Prince Xavier, you must go to the dining room."

"Let Xavier stay here. I don't want to be alone."