A Student in the Intensive Class

Xavier [Grade 1, Age 7]

Monday,  Recess time. [ 8:00]

Rosa: "Hey Xavier, have you heard of the intensive class?"

Xavier: "No. How's it like?"

Rosa: "Students in the intensive class says it’s hard. One even said he wants to give up already."

Xavier: "Really? That's unfortunate."

Lorenso: "Yes, it is so sad. I wonder why the school has one…”

Xavier: "How come you guys know so much?"    

Lorenso: "We heard it from students in the intensive class."

Xavier: "Why don't we go visit them now? It could help them to be happy for a while."

Lorenso: "We can't. They're still discussing until now."

Xavier: "How about lunch time?"

Rosa: "Tried that, but they stay in their classroom to eat."

I sighed. I replied with less enthusiasm: "So, the only way we meet them is during dismissal time?"

They replied sadly with a yes. I can't believe the intensive class, which is Cosmic section, could be so different from the other two sections. The other two is the Moon and Sun section, by the way.

I looked at the clock. Recess was almost over.

Xavier: "Hey guys, I think we should go back to our class now."

           They nodded in agreement. Our next class was science, and our teacher was Mr. Rex. He's kind of strict, so we go early to his class, otherwise we would have to get an admit-to-class slip. We copied notes as usual, discussed about the topic, and played some educational games. Other subjects follow the same format.

              Our classes ended after 40 minutes, so there's not much to worry. Our lunch time was at 12:30, and our dismissal time was at 3:30 always.  It was already 3:30, so it was dismissal time already. I start to go to the intensive class. No one was in the classroom...I sighed. I was ready to head home when I heard a voice.

“What are you doing here?”

               I nearly jumped. I looked back and saw a student. I turned to his direction. His hair was blue, and it covered his left eye. One side was short, one side reached his collar. His top hair was a bit spiky, and its shape was like a beak at the first spike and at the second spike like a V-cut slanted at the left. His eyes were green; his collar shaped like a small dove and seemed to be made out of gold. He wore a vest with a crack design going down. The sleeves of the vest had a V-cut. I also noticed it was orange, and his inner shirt was white, including the long sleeves. His pants were blue, and his shoes were brown. He was carrying a brown backpack.

"Hey. I'm talking to you."

I quickly replied to him: "I came here to visit the intensive section."

"Really?"  He gave me a smile. “Finally! Someone who stopped to visit our classroom! What's your name?"

"My name is Xavier Rain, prince of kingdom Esperanto."

"I'm Hiro Fukushima, prince of kingdom Valiente."

I could assume no student from the regular classes even tried to go to their class.

"You're from the moon section right? How's class?" His smile was still there.

"Class is wonderful. How's yours?"  Hiro's smile faded.

"It's terrible. The lessons are so fast paced, I can't enjoy it anymore." Hiro looked at one side and said: "You're so lucky to be in the regular class."

"If you want, I could set a time for us to talk…how about dismissal time?”

“That’s a great idea! Let’s start tomorrow! Well, good bye for now!”

He waved his hand and started to go home. I started to leave as well.

Hiro

         The student I met at dismissal time was Xavier Rain. He has white hair, soft blue eyes, and a friendly face. He wears a black vest with gold buttons and a gold edged collar, and you could see white sleeves coming out of it. He had grey pants and black shoes. A design so simple, you could always remember him.

Anyway, I look forward to becoming his friend.