Realm Of Alterna

Sir Esper

After we have passed the Ruins of Memories, we just have one more place to go before reaching Eternal Mountain: Realm of Alterna. They say this place used to be the kingdom of Alterna, but because something happened, he no longer rules this place, yet he still dwells in it.

"This place looks very ancient," said Alessandro.

There were houses that had old roofings and doors; they were made of wood and stone. As our Ecaprios moved, I noticed there were no lights from the houses' windows.

"This place must have been deserted," said Wizard Shimura.

Wizard Flair nodded in response.

"I didn't desert this place," A firm male voice said.

We all searched for the source of the voice.

"As time grew on, they left me. So what say you?" The voice spoke again.

I didn't want to keep this going, so I replied, "Show yourself!"

I could hear a sigh, then a prince appeared in front of me. He had gray hair with violet eyes and wore a red asian clothing.

"I was not asking you, why did you answer?"

The source of the voice was from this prince. He looks like...

"Are you the before king Alterna?" asked Wizard Shimura.

"How did you know?" he asked, a bit suspicious.

"You are studied in our time so we know what you look like." replied Wizard Shimura.

"Ah, that explains it. Well, I will leave now."

"Wait!" Wizard Shimura shouted.
"What do you want?" The then king replied harshly.

"Can you show us the way to Eternal Mountain?"

"Fine. But don't question my way or I won't show you there. This applies to every companion of yours."

Everyone looked at each other then nodded.

Alterna led the way, and we followed him.

"To the right."

When we went to the right, we were headed to one of the old houses. We were about to stop when he looked at us with a face that said, 'Keep going'. When Alterna went to the house, he went thru it! I was in front so when I went thru it too, I could not believe what happened next. We were not inside of a house; we were inside a castle!

"Welcome to my castle," Alterna greeted all of us warmly.
The change in his voice made me wonder if he had mood swings.

"You have to stay here for a day if you want to enter Eternal Mountain," Alterna said.

"Why?" Asked Hiro.
"Because my place is linked with Eternal Mountain," replied Alterna.

The Royal Partners of the Princes, except me, did not seem happy about his reply. Alterna noticed them, so he looked at them boredly.

"If you have a better way to enter there, then tell me," He sternly said.

The Royal Partners just silently looked at him.

"I'll take that as a 'no'. Princes and brown haired knight, follow me. The rest, stay here."

The Princes followed Alterna happily. I looked at my other companions and they were whispering something to each other that I could not hear.

"Sir Esper, let's follow him," said Prince Storm.
I noticed that they were far away from me now. I nodded in his direction and started to follow them.