Room of Brilliance

Hello everyone! Up there is the bird Clawgrok, who will appear later in this story. If you are wondering who drawed these pictures, well, I am the one who drawed them. Remember to vote and comment if you are enjoying this story~
------------------------------------------------------
Author

Morning has come, so the royal partners of the princes woke them up. Alessandro was the first to awake.
"What's for breakfast?" yawned Alessandro.
"We are having bread and berries for this morning."
His eyes opened wide. "Where did you get these?"
"I got them from a nearby bush. They're safe, so eat up."
Alessandro nodded and started eating. The rest came out of their tents and each had a slightly different breakfast. After everyone ate, they continued on their journey.

"It says here in our map that the Cave of Illussions is the next place we have to go," said Sir Esper.
It took some time to reach that place. When they were nearly there, there was a field of green flowers. The scent of the plants hit their noses.
"What's that energizing scent?" asked Alessandro.
"They're Awarake flowers. They're known to make you energized," replied Rayleef.
"I suggest that each of us get one. They will give us energy as we go in the cave," said Sir Esper.

Thus, each of them got a flower from the field and placed it in their clothes. Once they reached the place, they noticed the cave was crystal clear, in a violet hue. The entrance of the cave had different colored crystals, each varying in size and shape. When they went in, they noticed the paths in the cave were like a maze.
"There are so many paths to choose from," said Hiro, "Which will we pick?"
Alessandro looked at the paths with a confused face.
"We researched about the Cave of Illussions and it said that there is only one path in this place."
"Well, what you researched must have missed an important information," replied Sir Renaldo.
"Look! There's some words carved on the wall," announced Wizard Flair.
"The true path is just before your eyes," read Wizard Shimura.
"That's vague,"replied Sir Renaldo.
"I just remembered everyone," declared Alessandro, "Don't get lost in the illussions this cave shows you. You could grow tired from it."
"Ok, but which path should we take?" asked Xavier.

There were four paths, each with different colored crystals.
"Let's go to the yellow colored one."
Everyone agreed. What they did not know was that it was called the Path of Separation.

Alessandro

When we went in that path, I had a feeling something wasn't right. The path I chose was the middle one, which was going straight. It seemed to stretch on forever. When I checked on my comrades, they were gone!
I shouted as loud as I can, "Hiro, Xavier, Rayleef, where did you go?"
Nobody answered. I looked around me and saw bright yellow crystal walls. I touched them and it felt cold. When I looked at where I came from, it became a crystal wall as well!
However, this wall had a rainbow color.
A masculine voice announced, "Welcome to the Room of Brilliance!"
"Who are you? Show yourself!"

On the center of the bright yellow crystal wall, appeared a brird with green eyes and blue feathers with violet and green tail feathers.
"I am Clawkgrok. I test princes and princesses."
I asked, "Do you know where my comrades are?"
"They are in different rooms. You cannot reach them until all of you have completed the test. Your Royal partners are at the entrance of the cave."
"Why are you giving tests to us?"
"Because  this is where I live and I choose which royalties exit the cave of Illussions and enter Soul Lake."
Soul Lake? That's the next place we have to go!
"So, when does this 'test' begin?
The bird smiled and said, "You're an eager one. Do note that if you fail, you'll stay here forever."
I gulped at what it said. It stifled a laugh.
"I don't mean to pressure you, but it IS true."
I nodded, then it said, "Your test is to make a dream projector. How you gather the materials and make it is up to you."

Every crystal wall flashed white, hence, I had to cover my eyes. When I opened them, I was in my room in the castle. On the table were three blueprints which were unfinished. I looked at blueprint A. This was lightweight to put together but had hard to  find parts. I looked at Blueprint B. It had easy to gather materials but it will be bulky to make. Finally, I looked at Blueprint C. It had strong materials to find and it is lightweight. I decided to go with the last and I finished the blueprint in an hour. Then, I chose to find the parts. They were labeled with letters but showed the shape of the materials so I could make out what were those items. There were ten parts; A-J.

I searched in my room and found parts B and G under my table. I placed them in a big carry box to prevent loosing them. I looked in my parents' room and found part E under the bed. When I went to the kitchen, I found a brown haired boy with green colored eyes trying to steal a bread. His clothes were very worn out.
I sternly said, "Hey! You're not allowed in here!"
The boy looked at me and weakly said, "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to intrude. It's just that I'm so hungry."
I replied, "How many days have you not eaten?"
"Three days."
I pitied him, but I can't just let him eat without working for it.
"Here's my deal: you can get as much food as you want but you have to help me find different parts for my invention. Do you agree?"
He thought for a while, then said, "Sure, I'll, help you."
"Great, here's the parts you have to find...let's split up then meet up at the kitchen."
When we went our separate ways, I headed to the throne room. No one was there. I looked around the throne but nothing was there. I looked at the books in the bookshelves and found parts J and A. When I looked at the other rooms, there were no parts so I went back to the kitchen. The poor boy hasn't returned, thus, I grabbed my box from my room and placed the parts there. A few moments later, the boy came and he found five parts for the blueprint.
"Here's parts C,D,F,H and I."

When they matched in the blueprint, I placed them all in the boxthen said, "Thank you for helping me. Now you can get as much food as you want."
The boy smiled then said, "No, you are the one I should be thanking. You saved me from starvation."
I smiled and asked, "What's your name? Mine is Alessandro."
He looked at me and said, "My name is Claw. I hope we see each other some day again."
Before leaving, I softly said, "Me too."
I went back to my room and started making the dream projector. I made sure the connecting parts A,C,D,E worked and painted the outside with part B and G. Then, pieced together parts F,H,I,J, to make the projector then combined it all together. When everything was done, it looked like a helmet with a small projectoron top. Now to find a test subject...no one is here except for Claw, so I went back to the kitchen and found him asleep. There were food scraps all over the floor. When I placed the Dream Projector on his head, it worked! It showed him hugging his mom, who had the same features as him, and giving a basket of food to her.

Suddenly, everything went white and I was back to the Room of Brilliance. Clawgrok appeared again on the same crystal wall and said, "Bravo! Nice work, Prince Alessandro. Not only did you made the Dream Projector, but also helped the hungry boy named Claw. You may now exit this cave and enter Soul Lake."
I grinned, then said, "Thank you Clawgrok."
It nodded then the wall on where it was disappeared. I saw daylight and went out of the cave.