(Rewritten) Ability

Xavier

I was drawing Xander when a small flying u-shaped blue device came in. It scanned the whole area.

Prince Xavier detected. Holomessanger opening now...
It showed a hologram of Alessandro.
"Hello? Can you hear me, Xavier?" Alessandro said.
"I can hear you clearly. Is this a device you made?"
"Not really. We've been using this since last year. I just added a new function, which allows the Holomessanger to travel to long distances. Also, its yours for you to keep. If it blinks, it means I have a message to tell you. So, Xavier, how's everything?"
"Everything is not fine." I sadly said.
"Why? Did something happen, Xavier?" He said in a concerned tone.
Well, no one knew what happen except for our kingdom. It is not surprising that they don't know.
"My brother died last week." I glumly replied.
"Oh...I am sorry."
His head bent down for a moment,then returned to its normal position.
"Anyways, you're fully aware that the Nightmare kingdom has been destroying several kingdoms, right?"
"Yes. So what now?'
"Well, there is a way to stop this kingdom. But it would involve the four of us."
"You mean me, you, Hiro and Rayleef? What are we going to do?"
"We're going to gather at Eternal Mountain to activate the Heaven's Crystal. It should seal the Nightmare kingdom, according to what my parents proposed to your parents."
"Has this proposal been approved by the Basic kingdoms?"
"As of now, only two approved so far, Those being your kingdom and kingdom Tranquilo."
"Okay, but will this really work? I've read that activating the Heaven's Crystal is a double-edged sword. If its activation is not for its original purpose, it will seal those who activate it instead."
"Well...my parents made sure to read everything about it. However, there is a ten percent chance that we might get sealed. That is, if we don't activate it correctly."
"Hmp. So how do we exactly activate it?"
"For now, we're finalizing the correct method of activation. It may take some time. I'll update you on this soon. Goodbye for now!"
"Goodbye, Alessandro."

The hologram closed and the Holomessanger landed on my table to shut down. I continued to draw. Some time later, when I was almost done drawing, someone knocked on the door. I opened it up.

It was Wizard Shimura.
"Do you want to eat, Prince Xavier?"
A moment later, I felt my head ache. It wasn't the usual head ache I experienced before...
"Prince Xavier, what is happening to-"
I saw a flash of red before everything returned to normal. Wizard Shimura fell back, with a shocked expression.
"How...why..."
He was shaking very badly, and couldn't move. I came closer, but it just made him panic.
"D-Don't come any closer! I'm warning you!" He said in a fearful tone.
Why is he acting like this? I didn't do anything to him...I decided to close my eyes for a while, to find the reason why he acted this way. A few seconds later, I could see what he saw.

It was a shadow version of me with grey eyes and sharp teeth. It scared me a bit, but I talked to it in my mind anyway.
"Who are you and why did you scare him?"
The shadow looked at me, saying in a deep voice, "I didn't know he was easily scared. It was just for fun."
"Okay, that answered one of my questions. How about the other one?"
He grinned widely, showing his sharp set of teeth.
" I can't answer that yet. Goodbye for now!"
He disappeared quickly, causing my eyes to open. I saw Wizard Shimura breathing normally, muttering something I couldn't hear. He stand up slowly with the help of his staff.
"I have a feeling that your hidden ability is a rare one. Let's go to the library."
He raised his staff and said a spell. In an instant, we where in the library. As usual, there were some dusty books that need to be cleaned. He looked around, then went near a big book to get it. This was a green hardcover book, with the title, 'Royal Family's Abilities'. He laid the book on a nearby glass table, and flipped some pages before stopping on a page with the title, 'Hallucination Overlay'.
"Prince Xavier, I think this is your ability. Please take a look at this."

The page reads:
Hallucination Overlay
It is the rarest ability that a prince or princess is born with in Kingdom Esperanto. However, this powerful ability is developed quicker than generic abilities, causing great pain to those who have it. In the early development of this ability, the prince or princess can unintentionally show scary images to a person nearby. Nevertheless, it is also the quickest to master, meaning they can fully control the images they show to a person. Therefore, practicing this ability everyday would be the best choice to gain full potential of this ability.

Wizard Shimura looked at me and said, "Prince Xavier, if it's fine with you, could we practice this ability starting tomorrow?"
Hmm. It would be better if I could fully control it. I don't want to scare others unintentionally, after all.
"It would be fine with me, Wizard Shimura."

Shadow
That's great Xavier. We'll get to know each other better!
I chuckled quietly. This would be the perfect opportunity for me to appear once again!