Book of The Past

Xavier
I have been going to dead ends, unable to find my room. Maybe I should ask Prince Alterna? After some time, I saw him and then went to him.

"Prince Alterna, can you help me find my room?"

He looked at me and paused for a while. I was about to repeat my question when he spoke.

"Only if you sleep in your room. Are you sleepy yet?"

I shook my head. He replied with a sigh.

"I'll take you to a place where you can pass time quietly. Do you accept?"

I nodded.

"Follow me."

We took lots of turns in the hallways. Just when it seemed we will reach the place, another set of paths greeted us. After what seemed like forever, we reached the place. There was an image of several books on the top of the huge blue door. Prince Alterna turned the bronze doorknob and it opened with a creaking sound. When I looked inside, there where tons of books neatly organized in big shelves. There were fancy tables and chairs placed well in the room.

"Welcome to my library. Read to your heart's content...or until you feel sleepy."

I nodded and searched for a thin book. It took some time since almost all the books were thick. The thin book was high placed so I used a step ladder. The book I got was a picture book. The title was "History of The Ancient Kingdoms For Children". I went to the nearest table and chair. I opened the book.

"Back in the olden days, there was only one main kingdom. The rest were branches."
The picture was that of a beautiful dark blue castle in the middle. There were golden wavy lines connecting to differently colored castles. I turned the page.

"The main kingdom was known as the celestial kingdom."
There was a picture of moon, stars, and a sun in the sky of the dark blue castle. I turned the page.

"The King and Queen were in charge of the sun and moon."
It showed a vague drawing of a king with the sun next to him while the moon to the queen. I turned the page.

"The royal children of theirs were in charge of the stars."
There were two figures with stars floating on their hands, the white figure had a long hair while the black figure had short hair. I turned the page.

"The branches followed the main kingdom willingly. They helped each other."
There were pictures of people giving food, clothes, jewelry, materials and more to the main kingdom and other kingdom branches. I turned the page.

"One day, everything changed."
The drawing showed a big grey crack nearly in the middle, one side with the white figure, the other with the black figure.

I was getting sleepy so I set the book aside and placed my arms on the table beneath my head. When I woke up, I was back in our room. The others seemed to have woken up slightly earlier than I did. Sir Esper came near me.
"Prince Xavier, it's time for breakfast. Please follow us."