Long Time Not Me

If you're enjoying this story, please vote and comment :)  ~GallantZero
-----------------------------------------------------------
Author

Alessandro grabbed his Holomessanger and opened it. After checking who had their Holomessanger active, he decided to contact Rayleef. A few moments later, a hologram of Rayleef appeared.

Alessandro: "Rayleef, I have a new piece of information about the Heaven's Crystal."

Rayleef: "That's great! We're one step closer to finishing this puzzle! But how about the others? Did you tell them yet?"

A: "I'll send them a recorded a message later. Anyway, in activating the Heaven's Crystal, we must be in the correct spot that represents our kingdom."

R: "How do we know if we're standing on the right spot?"

A: "There are four circles on the ground, each with their own symbol. We'll have to find out our proper places."

R: "Hmm...how is the symbol unidentifiable?

A: "According to research, the symbol changes over time, as if it knows who will activate it next.

R: Interesting. This crystal must have some kind of magic of its own.

A: For now, this is what we've found out so far. Goodbye Rayleef!

R: "Thanks and bye, Alessandro!"

Rayleef

Today's a bright day! A perfect day for school actually...oh, well. I can't do anything about that right now. I might as well just enjoy this day. I went to my favorite place: the reflection room! With all those mirrors having different reflections of me, I get new creative ideas.

I played around with the mirrors making funny versions of myself. I only stopped when for the first time, felt bored with the mirrors. So, I went to the garden instead. The beautiful sweet smelling flowers always refresh me.

But not today....They looked differently to me. I chose to just sleep in the shade of a tree. I'm glad I still feel relaxed whenever I sleep here...

"Agh! Prince Rayleef, what areyou doing?!"

I awoke the moment I heard this. I rushed to the source of the voice who belonged to our maid, Lissi.

"What happened here, Lissi?"
"Prince Rayleef, how come you're back here so fast? You just made me break a vase!"

I did that? No way I could be sleep walking...

"I didn't do it, Lissi."
"Then who did I see? He looked just like you!"
"Just like me? Anyway, where did he go?"
"He went to the mirror room."
"Thank you!"

Another me? How is that even possible? When I finally reached the mirror room, no one was there.

"Hello? Anyone here?"

Nobody answered, hence I checked the mirrors. Nothing strange here, but I felt someone looking at me. So, when I looked back, I saw a perfect reflection of myself.

"That's weird, I'm sure no mirror reflected me this way."

This mirror reflected my every movement, thus I tried touching it with my hand. I could feel a bit of warmth, so I grabbed his arm and completely caught him off guard.

"Who are you? And why do you look like me?"

He got up and dusted himself. He had a darker shade of my eye color and his hair was slightly neater than mine...

"I'm actually you. The real you."
"What do you mean?"
He rolled his eyes and said, "Let's just say I'm back after two years have passed."
"Huh? How come I don't know about you?"
"Because I separated-no, illussioned myself that I'm carefree when I actually take things seriously."
I gave him a confused face which made him flick my forehead.
"Hey!" I rubbed the flicked spot.
"Dumb immature version of myself..."
"Come on! There's no need to say stuff like that. Just try to make me understand!"

He sighed and said, "Even if I did, that childish brain of yours won't be able to comprehend it."
"Now you're being a meanie! All I want is to know how you're me."
I crossed my arms to show how much I want to know about him. He face palmed himself and said, "Your seriousness reminds myself when I was two years younger. Fine, I'll tell you about me."

We both sat down on the soft, blue carpet.
"When I was five, I was able to quickly learn things, so quickly that I matured in a fast rate. My thinking was on a higher level, making me incapable of speaking easily with other children of my age."
"Hmm. I always wondered how I was able to score high on tests without studying much..."

He looked at me with an annoyed face.

"Continuing, I was so bored with their behavior that I tried to correct them, but all I got were complaints from their parents. Even the teachers usually punished me for this. I thought I was doing right, because after all, they need to learn proper behavior. So, I just started finding out through trial and error what I should do."
"Wow~you're so mature!"

For a second, I saw him smile before going back to his poker face.

"Anyway, I came up with the solution to act like a normal child. Thus, I pretended to be carefree, I did all the things society would expect a kid to do. Then one day, I felt myself fade...then I saw myself at a third person view and that's where you come in, Rayleef."
"Hmm...so I was made because of the behavior change you did?"
"Actually, there is another reason, but for now, digest what I have just said."

I nodded my head.
"But what would you like me to call you?"
"I'll be Storm and you'll be Rayleef."
"Alright. Storm, would you want to prank with me?"
I saw his face brighten up.
"Yes, but why bring up pranking right now?"
"Because I want the both of us to have fun. I want you to be yourself, to know what it's like to have a playmate."
He smiled widely and said, "You sure know how to make one happy and feel great. Ok, so who are we pranking?"
"I've been waiting for something like this...so here's what I've been planning for a long time..."

Author

After Rayleef was done telling Storm his perfect prank, they immediately went to execute it. The gardener named Dandy Lion usually checked the flowers at 1pm to make sure they were growing well. Rayleef entered the garden.
"Oh, Prince Rayleef! How are you?"
"I'm good, Mr.Lion. I came by to relax."
"That's good, Prince Rayleef. The scent of the flowers will help you relax greatly."
Rayleef went to the nearest bush. When gardener Lion wasn't looking at him anymore, Storm showed up.
"It's been a long time, Lion."
"Oh, Prince Rayleef! Ho-what?! But you were there a while a-"
When he checked Rayleef, he wasn't there. He hid in the bushes. He was confused, then looked at Storm.

"What's wrong, Lion?"
"Oh, it's nothing. Perhaps it's just my eyes seeing things..."
But when he looked again, he saw Rayleef lying down at the grass, waving at him.
"Huwha?!"
The gardener was now puzzled.
"Prince Rayleef, weren't you here a second ago?"
"No, I was already here."
He looked again and saw no one in front of him. He was shocked, then looked at Rayleef, who was now gone.
"Maybe I need to get my eyes checked..."

As he was going back to the castle, somebody tapped his back.
"Hwe!"
He saw Storm and Rayleef, both with mischievous grins.
"How are there two of you?"
"We unlocked our hidden ability: Soul Split!" They both answered proudly.