Chapter 3

IN GUSU LAN

Before the birth of wei ying of jiang kingdom another prince was born few months ago. It was cold night back then. The empress of lan kingdom was struggling to gave birth to her second baby. Her water broke an hour ago but the baby didn't come out yet. The physicians doesn't have any choice but to take the baby force out of its mother's womb. They opened her stomach to take the baby out. The surgery was crucial and it can kill the mother or the baby or both mother and baby.

Hours of surgery and they finally got the baby out of the womb. They hurried to cut the cord that connects the baby and the mother, and stitch the cut. They healed their empress, they tried to revive her but in the end it failed. They had saved the baby but not the empress itself. The whole kingdom of lan grief for the loss of their empress and their emperor......he went into seclusion. After the funeral of the empress it was the last time that the emperor of lan was seen.

Many kingdom shared their condolences to the kingdom of lan. Months after the funeral the emperor himself passed the crown to his younger brother prince lan qiren. Prince lan qiren, now known as emperor lan qiren became not only an uncle but also became a father and a mother to his nephews. He was the one who taught them personally, feed them, love them like his own and take care of them despite his duties of being the new emperor.

The advisors and elders told him that he should have a harem but he stated the lan rule that a lan must have only one lover for the rest of their life. Thus he never had a harem. He didn't even have any wife to support him. He only have lan xichen to support him.  Being an emperor isn't easy for him, it never was. To banquets he must be present and greet everyone. At his palace he should be there to rule his subjects but what about his nephews? His students? Those students that he used to teach back when he was a prince. He never had a time with them.

Until one day he changed his schedules and start teaching his students again while ruling his subjects that gained him the fame of producing high quality scholars.

Lan wangji and lan xichen aged as the years passed. Lan xichen was 7 years old and lan wangji was 3. Lan qiren noticed that lan wangji never played with anyone but his brother. So he invite a lot of children from other sect to play with wangji especially the children of kings and queens and one of them is nie huaisang and hei lianhua. 

Nie huaisang was a prince in the nie kingdom. While hei lianhua is a princess in ouyang kingdom. Lan wangji just ignore them, he opened a little to them but not that much. Lan qiren was happy to see that wangji made friends but this happiness fade when 3 years after he became an emperor his brother died due to hunger. It was the first time that lan wangji saw his father. It's was the first and last time he'll see his own father. He was only 3 but that's the first time for him. He never knew his father so he didn't know what to do. He only saw his brother holding his tears and hugged his brother that time.

2 years later lan qiren set his 5 year old nephew lan wangji into an arrange marriage to the ouyang kingdom. The king of ouyang was so happy that he sent his beloved daughter to the lan kingdom to live there. Lan wangji didn't enjoy this news very much but he can't do anything. If this makes his uncle happy then he'll do it. He was very uncomfortable with hei lianhua.
He ignored her but she forcely stick herself to him even more.

Years passed by and he was still annoyed by hei lianhua's presence. He would ignore her and avoid her skin ship. He would lock his chamber so that she won't come in and makes sure that she won't touch him. He avoided hei lianhua like a plague but his lianhua didn't give up. Now he's sixteen time do sure fly fast. And now.....he can attend classes.

His brother was already crowned as the new crown prince and he was still a prince...... Yeah.... Really boring. He already memorize everything in his kingdom. He memorize that family 3000 rules, it's swordplay style the whole library.  He was really raised as a perfect human being. He didn't have any flaw and he was quiet. He liked this life but.... Does he even really like it?