Chapter 23

QUEEN'S ADVENTURE

Wei wuxian woke up late morning stretching his body and roll to their bed. His husband wasn't there since lan wangji did mention about meeting with the elders and counselors. He stayed a bit then decided to wear his husband's robes then went out. The servants who saw their queen almost dropped what their handling. The queen was wearing the emperor's robe.

The servants knew how much of a troublemaker their queen is and so they called mianmian. Mianmian followed her queen and serve her food after wei wuxian greeted her.

"Morning mianmian how are you?", wei wuxian smiled.

"I'm good you-"

"Wuxian aHHhhhHhh how many times do I have to tell you to call me wuxian mianmian I'm not used on being called to those titles", wuxian cut off as he sat down and start eating the food that was serve to him. After knowing that he was pregnant he became extreme picky to the food and would even pee so many times a day. His stamina decrease so much that he could only walk then rest later but that didn't change him to be so energetic. He quickly finish his food then took a comfortable robes for him.

He tied his hair in his iconic ponytail without any hairpins and just ribbons tying it together. His robes are simple no designs or even a jewelry attached to it. It was just a plain robe.

He took his token and went out with Mianmian and several guards. Leaving the palace without its empress. People might think that this is very careless and inappropriate thing for an empress to do but mist people don't know that wei wuxian does this in order to take a closer look of what is happening to his own kingdom.

Now outside of the palace, he took a stroll and bought some fresh apples. It was delicious and crunchy but he notice that the price went up this month. He stroll even more and asked the price of the products then went to the farm and ports to check things. Some people knew wei wuxian and some don't even notice him. So in order to blend in the crowd, he would change the pitch of his voice or even wear a hat to cover his face as if he was just an ordinary folk in the kingdom.

While strolling wei wuxian met an old woman who was carrying heavy loads at her back and it made his heart ache. He rushed to the old woman's side and took some of the load helping her.

"YOUR MAJE-", the guard shout but wei wuxian looked at him immediately glaring not to reveal his true identity. The guard shut his mouth closed and went to take some of the load and helped the old lady.

The old lady felt so relieved and guided them to her house. The old lady went inside to her house and the rest waited outside her house. The guards panted while mianmian checked wei wuxian making sure he's not injured or hurt from carrying yet wei wuxian insisted that he's fine. The old lady came out of her house with apples in hand.

"I don't have any gold or expensive treasure but only this to reward you all I do hope that you would like it", the old lady said in her old hoarse voice. The guard wanted to shout at her for being ungrateful but wei wuxian saw his intentions and cover his mouth. Wei wuxian removed his hand from his mouth and bowed down to the lady, "it's our responsibility to help older people not to suffer anymore. We are grateful for your reward", and took the apples. The old lady only nod her head and watch the people who helped her walk away.

They are away from the house of the old lady when wei wuxian heard his own guard whine and he took the opportunity to hit his guard so hard than he stumble to the ground. The guard grunt in pain and looked at his empress, "did I do wrong your highness?".

Wei wuxian looked at him with annoyance and scoff.

"Do you wanna know why most of the people don't even trust their rulers? Because the servants are too picky and acting like they are more almighty than their rulers itself. If only you're a peasant in the streets you'll know what I mean. Seriously no matter how good the leaders are if their subordinates act like what you did, the people won't even trust us. And also be grateful of what has given to you. Many people are starving and doing their best to eat while you are just here accompanying me or sleeping around the palace laying around like a useless donkey.", then wei wuxian walked away.