Chapter 29

CONTENTED IN THE DREAMS

As the banquet go on, nothing strange happened yet. Wei wuxian went to the garden with his lady in waiting and some guards although he insisted that he's fine and doesn't need one. While wei wuxian was in the garden, lan wangji left behind to the banquet room and for the first time, everyone saw a lan drinking alcohol, not only one but two lan. Lan qiren can feel his blood pressure rise and faint on the spot. Not so surprise to everyone especially to cangse sanren and wei changze knowing that cangse sanren used to make lan qiren faint with just a single sigh.

Lan wangji and Lan xichen sat down to a feasting on an alcohol. What's more shocking is that everyone watch the two drink in their heart's content drinking a jar then another with no sign of fainting or drunkness (but we all know that's not true at all). Lan wangji looked at the sky and saw his lover below laughing, carrying his stomach. Lan wangji was very much satisfied to this life. Lan xichen saw that face of his brother and chuckles taking the attention of lan wangji.

Lan xichen, "You seemed so contented wangji, it was like yesterday when you two are chasing each other here in cloud recess but now look at you two having a baby soon and I'm going to be an uncle soon"

Lan wangji nodded with a dorky smile, "mn because of wei ying it's like I'm living in a pleasant dream. I love him so much brother"

Lan xichen, "told you, you don't have heart disease", he laughs making lan wangji blush in embarrassment.

Lan wangji, "brother please not that part again that was long ago forget it already"

Lan xichen continue to laugh and said, "and why would I? You were like 'brother... do I have disease? I'll go to the physician to get checked' and I find it so funny. How can two people so oblivious that I have to collaborate with jiang wanyin and everyone I even included princess yanli to that mess. I mean when the two of us talked she even said, 'your highness... it's useless both a-xian and prince lan wangji are oblivious to know their feelings' "

Lan wangji groaned as he listen to his brother's laugh. But it was a great memory. There was another memory when lan wangji returned to gusu after recovering wei wuxian from a bot ambush, that he and Lan qiren argued for the first time.

Flash back:

"WANGJI ARE YOU INSANE?! FIRST YOU'RE IN RELATIONSHIP WITH THAT WUXIAN AND NOW YOU WANT TO MARRY HIM?! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!", lan qiren exclaimed as he stood aggressively in front of lan wangji.

Lan wangji was very much furious, "uncle there is nothing wrong with me. We both love each other if you disagree then I might as well just elope with him"

Lan qiren snapped and grabbed lan wangji by the collar, "what? Say that again wangji I dare you"

"Oh I said I'm going to elope with wei ying and you can't stop me", lan wangji said as he push lan qiren away from him. Lan qiren got mad that he drew the sword of a guard and pointed at lan wangji. Lan wangji onlystood there and look lan wiren to the eyes.

"You wanna fight me? Stab me? Go ahead but I hope you won't regret me doing this", lan wangji said as he walk out of the room grabbing wei wuxian with him.

Lan wangji stopped in the garden feeling the hand of wei wuxian at his back. 'Ah... Wei ying is comforting me...', lan wangji thought as he looked at wei wuxian with his eyes in verge of tearing from frustration.

"Lan zhan no matter what they say even your uncle... I will still marry you, I will still choose you no matter what. All be damn if it means to be with you lan zhan you can cry out all your frustration to me since we're alone here", wei wuxian comfort. Despite the comfort he recieve from wei wuxian, he was holding his tears back. Wei wuxian only sighed and hugged lan wangji.

That time lan wangji felt nothing but warmth and comfort under the arms of wei wuxian. He felt home, more than his actual home feels like. The warmth continue since then until they married formally. During the wedding, the gusu lan held a lavish celebration for lan wangji and wei wuxian. As the bride walk to the road with the people waving and cheering for him, the vicious eyes of the elders look down to wei wuxian looking at him as if he was nothing but a ruffian who doesn't deserve to be a member of the royal family of lan. Especially someone who named Lan qiren who was brushing his beard as he look at the bride with pure dispise.

As soon as wei wuxian reached the stairs of the cloud recess, he have to walk alone without his attendants to the long stairs. The stairs are so long that normal people might exhaust when they reach to the top, but not wei wuxian. This was his wedding day and he have to give everything he have to show that he is worthy of a bride. He began walking up to the stairs and every stairs he have to step carefully counting his steps and the time he would have to step on to the next. He reached the top not panting from steps. He saw lan wangji's hand reaching out for him and so he took it. A rule from the lan family is that the bride and groom must walk to the altar where the emperor was waiting for them. Unknown to wei wuxian, lan wangji was thinking of something else.

Lan wangji hold wei wuxian's hand pulling him to his body and carried wei wuxian like a delicate flower going to the altar. Lan qiren was stunned and so does with the elders. The crowd cheered as they see the act that their prince did and a voice "WANGJI" , was heard among the loud crowd. Everyone ignore the call and continue to cheer meanwhile, lan qiren began to be more pale as his nephew ignore him even more.

End of flashback.

Lan wangji was here now seeing his wife happy as ever with his carefree persona giving the whole palace the life and noise it needs.

After hours and hours of banquet, the guest have now began to go back to their homes and wei wuxian can be seen talking to his family members.

"Lan zhan mom and dad are going to sleep here with wen qing and auntie and uncle and-"

"Mn, they can stay here as long as they want, I know wei ying misses them so much", lan wangji cut off but seen his husband nod and happily walk by his side.

"Lan zhan..... you know this is the most happiest day of my life you, me , there's my parents, your brother, everyone", wei wuxian's hand caress his stomach feeling the kick of the baby, " and this guy going out soon. I can't wait to put the final piece of our family together. Thank you lan zhan"

Lan wangji smiled and hugged wei wuxian. He kissed his forehead and his lips, " mn I'm also the happiest person in the world right now wei ying just you, me and our baby. I'll protect you two with my whole life"

Wei wuxian felt emotional from lan wangji's reply and tackled him a hug in return. But a shattered vase was heard and wei wuxian and Lan wangji stopped. Wei wuxian looked behind of lan wangji and saw a vase shattered.

"Oh no I'm sorry lan zhan I-", wei wuxian apologize but lan wangji stopped him and told him that it's fine. Servant was called and cleaned the shattered vase.

The couple continue to go to their room going to sleep instantly due to tiredness from the banquet. Until lan wangji was woken up by wei wuxian.

"Lan zhan.... I don't feel so good.... help"

Lan wangji shot up to their bed and checked wei wuxian and found his bottom bleeding. Lan wangji went to full panic mode and began waking up the servants, guards and even wen qing who was in the guest room.

"Wei ying please kept on opening your eyes don't fall asleep, wen qing is coming here now.", lan wangji encouraged but wei wuxian only shake his head. "Lan zhan I'll try... I'm scared.."

"Shhh....I'm here ", lan wangji said as he hold his husband's hand trembling. He yelled, "WHERE'S WEN QING"

Wen qing came in the room obviously just woke up and didn't have time to fix her hair. Wei wuxian only looked at her and said, "Please...save my child...", and soon became unconscious.

Author's note: helloooooo everyone author here sorry for the delay so here is the new chapter hope you guys enjoy. 💙❤️