Chapter 31

RUMOR AROUND THE KINGDOM

Just by the day, the news of what happened to the queen was spread all throughout the whole kingdom. The people mourn for the baby and some of haters of wei wuxian began to spread rumors.

"I heard he killed the baby"

"The queen is cursed"

"He is not build to become a queen, he should fall from his position"

In the palace, wei wixian walk to the hallways and hear some maids gossip by how pitiful the situation is. He walk pass a hall and heard officials having meeting.

"I knew it. I knew that putting wei wuxian to the throne is a bad choice. Not only he was not required considering he is a male but because of his negligence that the heir is now dead. He must be thrown out of this palace, in the throne. He does not belong here", an officer exclaimed, making wei wuxian flinch from his comment. Does he really belong here?

Wei wuxian shake off the thought and continue to walk but everytime he would walk pass to any servants and officer he would hear many comments about his flaws, especially as a mother. Can't they just mourn for the baby or just keep silent for now since his baby just died. His steps stopped and took a turn going to the suppose chamber of his baby. The world seems to be frozen when he arrived to the place. Nothing was moved nor removed to the room. He knew that during his pregnancy lan wangji created a crib and carved a design. He wasn't able to see it but he knew since his husband would smell like wood and some of his hands have small wounds from carving whenever lan wangji would retire to their chamber.

He step closer to look at the crib and the design. It was beautiful to his eyes. A crib with lotus and clouds adorning to the pillars of the crib while it has a light blue silk soft cushion inside for where the baby would lay down. Jades, jewels and precious stones became a decoration in a clear vase that was exclusively requested by lan wangji to a craftsman and even a high grade silks and textiles for the curtains. The room was almost a mini chamber of proud emperor, but for wei wuxian, this was a waste now that the suppose person here was already gone. He was mad to his self that he couldn't even protect his baby. Was he really fitted to be a mom? He was able to protect his ally during his journey and he was strong enough to be untouchable. He had everything. His family, status, wealth, love, personality, talents, skills, a perfect husband. He has all but why must the heaven punish him like this.

He slowly breakdown to the crib and cry on the cushion. He felt so empty that he needed his husband. But a noise was heard from the window.

"Didn't I told you I was right wangji?", it was lan qiren's voice.

'Wangji? Lan zhan?', wei wuxian thought.

"Wangji I told you should have get married to hei lianhua but you didn't now look. Look at our kingdom. We have lost an heir. How troublesome", lan qiren said as he rub his skin at between of his eyebrows.

"Uncle can't you just let us mourn for our child. You kept on saying things as if wei ying didn't help our kingdom. He helped everyone who are in need. Do you need to judge his every move especially his flaws. No one is perfect even me uncle", lan wangji said as he held back his anger.

"That's the problem wangji queens are just task to give birth to young heirs not going around flaunting as if they Caan do whatever they want", lan qiren defend.

"And what about lan yi? She's a female but she was able to rule this vert same kingdom", lan wangji said but lan qiren only scuff. Lan wangji find it annoying and shot up to his uncle.

"Uncle if you don't feel mourning to my kid or to wei ying then please....please just do this for me. I am the father of the kid and I should have been responsible enough to protect my family but I didn't. Uncle if you're just going to mock wei ying don't...just don't. Mock me instead I can take any pain for his sake.... I'll go now", with that lan wangji walked away with wei wuxian witnessing everything that had happened.