Chapter 24

THE DISASTER

Running a kingdom can be hassle especially when a disaster came and made the people suffer. It was raining so hard, the lake overflow ruining the properties of the citizens. Up above the mountains where the royals stay thunders and lightning flashes scaring some people. The disaster scared many people and the woes of the citizens can be heard from the throne of the emperor. Wei wuxian become more and more concern from the lash of disaster letting his husband worry for their own baby.

"Wei ying calm down worrying too much to our people can harm our baby", lan wangji said as he serve tea and wraps wei wuxian with blanket.

Wei wuxian was sitting down with his table filled with scrolls, brush and inks. Filling most of the scroll with numerous ideas on how to help the people and lessen the risk of their kingdom. He pouted, "Lan zhan you know that I can't help but to worry with our friends. And plus without our raw sources, our kingdom will fall. And plus they helped us so many times that we can't even count. Remember that time we escape and went to an inn instead of sleeping we literally broke their bathtub and bed? Luckily the owner isn't mad at us and let us be", wei wuxian sighed from the nostalgia and continue ," and what about those times we literally had a drinking contest then we smash 3 tables and 4 chairs ? Ah the good times~ funny enough the people didn't even notice it was us from the first place ", wei wuxian laughed making lan wangji flare the edge of his ear red.

Wei wuxian stopped laughing and ended in sigh dropping his brush and hugged his husband. "We've been married and yet you still blush like a maiden lan zhan?", he said teasingly. Lan wangji took the challenge. "Well what about you wei ying? Still blushing whenever I counter your tease", then proceed to blow wei wuxian's ear making him shudder.

"Stop that lan zhan no fair I'm working here to create a solution you distract me", wei wuxian whined yet lan wangji bite the ear of wei wuxian letting out a yelp, "LAN ZHAN", wei wuxian exclaimed. "What? Don't lie that you hate it", lan wangji deadpanned making wei wuxian only pout in surrender.

The two went silent again with wei wuxian began writing again and Lan wangji hugging at his back while caressing his tummy. "Wei ying"

Wei wuxian answered with a hum. Lan wangji just went silent and continue what he was supposed to say, "what will you do if uncle rejects your plan? I know you mean good things and even if you fail on suggesting uncle I'll do it for you". Wei wuxian paused a bit then start writing another plan and creating a blue print for water irrigation. "You I don't give a damn on what uncle says even if he rejects my plan I'm going g to make a new way to help everyone. I'm not some kind of empress that let's my people go die of hunger and whatnot there. Not saying that your mom or grandma are useless fools or anything like that but I just feel useless whenever I watch our people suffer you know that lan zhan. And even if your uncle disagrees with me what can he do? Charge all the dogs around the world to chase me? I'm an empress and I'm in charge of the palace and I'm the mother of this nation he can't do anything stupid like rejecting my plan or else he might even get the rumors of being a ruthless and selfish king"

Lan wangji responded with a hum satisfied with his wife's answer. "That's the Wei ying I know I'll always support you in everything you choose my love", and a kiss from the cheek follows. Wei wuxian giggled and kissed lan wangji back to his cheek as he finishes the blue print he was making.

Just the next day wei wuxian ordered almost all the servants around the palace to be at main hall for a gathering. He started ordering the people to get all the raw materials for cooking food and even strong wood for building new house for the citizens. Wei wuxian knew that the materials are not enough so he ordered the guards to go at the forest to get wood and even contact all the trading officers of the palace to be in contact with other kingdom to get wood and other materials to make a house. The servant seems to like the plan and the gossip starts and travels all around the whole empire of gusu.