Chapter 7

THE PUNISHMENT

Even at the first day of the class wei ying sneak out of the palace to went back to the town buying some wines. Not knowing the rules yet he thought that lan kingdom was like jiang kingdom. He damn wrong about that when he came back he saw the second prince of lan kingdom on patrol.

"ah-" wei ying stilled at the walls of the palace looking down to lan zhan. "liquor is forbidden in cloud recess" lan zhan said then staring at the jars of wine. "forgive me your highness but I didn't know about that can I just finish my wine here then? " wei ying asked "drinking wine is forbidden in cloud recess" lan zhan said refusing wei ying's offer. Wei ying let out a sighed. "then can I at least stay here then? " he said "no staying late in cloud recess" lan zhan said getting to the nerves of wei ying.  "then tell me your highness is there even a rule that doesn't govern on anything?!  I heard that it's forbidden to run here, no walking too fast, no talking too much, no shouting, no speaking loud is there anything that I can do that doesn't have any rules?! "

"study properly" lan zhan said. At this point wei ying can't let his wine wait for him so he opened the jars and drink it in front of lan zhan. "you-" lan zhan said snatching the wines to wei ying but dodges it. The simple dodging turned to a fight unsheathing their swords as they fight under the moonlight. "the night is still young yet you have the nerve to stop me your highness" wei ying said taking another gulp of his wine. Lan zhan could say that he was being toyed by wei ying.

The two fought and end up tied. Wei ying let out a laugh. "we're tied your highness" he said smiling. "go to your room" he ordered, wei ying being wei ying said smirking "make me then". The second prince was about to pull wei ying's hand when wei ying run and went back to his room laughing, staying to the wall of the palace, lan zhan swore that this was the third time that his heart let out a beat again. 

Days passed and more rules have been broke by yours truly wei wuxian. He ran around, walking very fast, talking while eating,  exceeding the three bowls of rice, shouting, would sneak up wines for his brother and his friend nie huaisang and hunt inside cloud recess. Lan wangji had enough and drag wei ying to hanshi. "uncle" lan zhan bowed down to his uncle, who was drinking tea with his brother. "wangji what's wrong why is young master wei with you? " xichen asked. "young master wei broke many rules for the past few days" lan zhan answered. "what did he do? " lan qiren asked. "running around, walking too fast, talking while eating, eating more than 3 bowls, and shouting" lan zhan explained. "what is the fitting punishment for young master wei then? " lan xichen asked, 'you better take advantage thos time wangji, this is your time to confess to young master wei' xichen thought. "write the rule 300 times" lan zhan said.

'oh come on!  Wangji you can do more than that' xichen said clicking his tongue that qiren looked at him. "what's wrong uncle? " xichen asked pretending nothing happened. Qiren didn't mind and said "very well you two may go" lan zhan bowed down and drag wei ying out of hanshi. 'damn wangji I'm starting to crave for nephews already please make it fast' xichen thought while drinking his tea.  The two arrived at library pavilion where wei ying sat down and look at the books and scrolls that he should read.  He mentally sighed and pick up the brush starting to write rules he think that he'll finish it within a day but he was wrong. Writing 3,000 rules 300 times within a day is so impossible unless you're a god. At his 2nd writing his wrist went numb and put down the brush. He look at lan zhan who's there in front of him reading and writing silently. Even if wei ying hates silence. He manage to find the silence beautiful (because a gorgeous man was in front of you damn wei ying that's too gay) 

Irritated and snapping out of his daydream he called lan zhan.  "your highness "

"..."

"second prince"

"..."

"second young master lan "

"..."

"hanguangjun"

"..."

"lan wangji"

"..."

Wei ying had enough and called him "LAN ZHAN"

Finally lan zhan look up and stared at wei ying. "finally you noticed me" lan zhan didn't said anything "... Oh well since you don't want to talk I'll do the talking look I'm sorry if I run around I'm sorry if walk too fast I'm sorry if I ate too much I'm sorry if I would shout I'm sorry if I sneak out the wines here I'm very sorry " wei ying said yet lan zhan said nothing. "if we could just talk properly that time then I would have known the rules here you just attack me out of nowhere there" he look at lan zhan who said nothing yet. Wei ying sighed and continue to speak "how about this I could call you lan zhan and you can call me in my birth name wei ying". "pathetic" lan zhan said and wei ying pouts. "meanie" then continue to write the rules.

A day have passed the sun died down as the moon rise. Wei ying went out of the library pavilion not fixing his things. Lan zhan knew that wei ying would return tomorrow to continue his punishment, he sighed and fix the scrolls ,books and brushes that wei ying used. He saw wei ying's penmanship and it was very messy unlike his. 'his penmanship is just like him a messy yet cheering person' he smiled but that broke down when first he snap out of it and second someone came in to the library pavilion.  "laaaannnnn zhan~" she clinged to lan zhan's arm making him frown. "lady hei please your manners" he said in emotionless voice yet so annoyed inside of him. Hei lianhua let go of lan zhan and stand there. Lan zhan took the chance and ran away from hei lianhua who's pissed off when she was left out by lan zhan.

Lan zhan arrived at his chamber, jingshi. Closing the door and went to bath, he sat down to the tub filled with warm water and was thinking of something. Between wei ying and hei lianhua the similarity between them is that both are annoying, but the difference is that even if wei ying was annoying. Everything he does isn't annoying that much even if he calls lan zhan many times. Lan zhan like it when he calls him. They might be first time meeting each other but lan zhan felt so safe to wei ying unlike to hei lianhua who's been with him for more than a decade yet he still finds her presence so annoying. He snap out of it again and return on bathing.

After bath he changed his clothes and went to bed sleeping immediately after that.