Chapter 12

THE CORONATION

In gusu lan kingdom where everyone was busy than usual all start hanging gold, yellow and blue banners all around the kingdom. Many vendors were allowed to sell their products outside the palace walls as the servants ar having errand.

Many nobles from other kingdom came to witness the soon newly crowned emperor.

Everyone was happy as they waited for the new emperor while a certain person was not joyous of this occasion.

After wei wuxian left:

Lan wangji was together with his brother in an official meeting where they discuss problems of the kingdom with their uncle, when suddenly lan qiren himself annouced to every each people who attended the meeting with a serious look in his face.

"as soon as crowned prince xichen ascend to throne we will celebrate the official engagement of prince lan wangji and princess hei lianhua "

As everyone heard his announcement, they started to cheered while lan wangji remained cold and stoic but inside he was boiling in rage.

The meeting ended and the officials are allowed to return to their office when they all got surprise that lan wangji burst out of the meeting room in a fast walk while his brother chased after him.

"wangji we could talk about about this just please"

Lan wangji ignored his brother as they walked to the halls.

"wangji"

"..."

"wangji wait"

"..."

"WANGJI"

Lan wangji looked at him and returned to his walking going back to his chambers.

"LAN WANGJI" lan xichen called as they arrive to the jingshi. Lan wangji stopped and looked at him with an upset look in his face. Lan xichen didn't waste the time and grabbed his brother's hand trying to calm him down.

"wangji" he called. "please I know you're mad and-"

"and what brother? Keep calm? Brother uncle wanted me to marry a woman that I didn't like if you're going to tell uncle about wei ying do you think he would like it? I know that he hated wei ying's mother but why does he have to release his anger to him."

"wangji please liste-"

"what you're going to stop uncle? Brother you're the next emperor who would rule this kingdom. Isn't easy for you to say to calm do-"

Lan xichen can't hear anything longer so he accidentally slapped lan wangji cutting him off. He just realize what he just did and can't even believe it.

"I'm sorry wangji I... I'm sorry are you hurt let me see"

He reached out his hand to check his brother's face when his hand was slapped and being pushed away.

"wangji I'm sorry I didn't mean to its just.... "

"save your apology your highness crowned prince I don't wanna hear it. I want to rest so please excuse me " lan wangji bowed to his brother and left him alone going inside of jingshi.

The dinner came and lan wangji joined the dinner but ignoring his brother. Lan qiren found it weird and wandered what happened.

While lan xichen is on training to become an emperor, meng yao who is with wei wuxian, xiao xingchen, song lan, xue yang, and qing in the middle of sailing recieved a message.