Chapter 18

CHALLENGES

As the new day greets everyone in the kingdom, lan wangji rise at 5 letting him watch his lover sleeping for few minutes before he start changing clothes and went to meet his father in law.

Few hours later, wei wuxian woke up with lan wangji not by his side. He stood up and fixed the bed (not so) neatly. Then he went to change his clothes and head to the kitchen, he ate his breakfast and maybe lunch. After eating his food he wander around and meet some servants which made his memory retrieving easier.

Walking around and possible sitting down or lying down to the grassy fields, wei wuxian began to fix his memory by chronic order. After those wandering and meeting servants and knights who are close to him he was able to remember a lot in just one day. Adding to this was his dream. His dreams were about his childhoods and troubles that he caused around the jiang kingdom. He may joy or cringe to some memories but it's all good as long as he remembers them all. One particular memory made him so happy, and that was their secret wedding.

As he remembers them one by one, another memory enrage him. That time when they got ambush and that girl.

Wei wuxian scoffs at hei lianhua. Honestly, he think of her as a girl who was spoiled and was taught how to spread her legs for his future husband. A girl who was so arrogant that she thinks she's the God of all, an attention seeker and self centered person. A person who doesn't gives credits to those who works for her, not helping others and showing all her good sides just to get what she wants. If wei wuxian could describe her in one word that would be, a whore. He isn't wrong at all. He might fool around to the place of the Lans .But the Lans or anyone shouldn't underestimate him. He was sure that his friend nie huaisang was acting like he doesn't know anything but knows them all and ordered his men to investigate about hei lianhua.

How funny, he did that way before the prince of nie have investigate her, he was fully aware of what's happening yet there he is playing so dumb. He was doubting if lan wangji knew about this side of his. What will be his husband's reaction? Will lan wangji leave him? Will lan wangji would be mad or disgusted from all of this?

He chooses to play dumb. Now calling his troops and ordering them to secretly infiltrate the wen empire and act as its citizen hoping they could assassinate those who ambush him and his friends. His troops disperse leaving him alone as if no one was there.

He laughed silently as those who ambush him will be killed. Those people mess the wrong person and hurt his friends and giving them disability. He stood up and decide to went back when he start thinking. Will he stay acting like he doesn't know anything at all ? Or should he reveal that he just remember everything?

He arrived at the training grounds where he hear swords clashing at each other and decide who was fighting there. Peeking at the wall, he saw his father and his husband sparing (more like his father trying to kill his husband). The fight was intense, his father wasn't backing out and giving his full force while his husband was there fighting in such calm manner as if he was performing a swords dance while fighting.

He kept watching as his father kept on slashing his sword. "IS THAT WHAT YOU GOT WANGJI?! HOW WEAK YOU DONT DESERVE MY SON THEN", his father shouted at his husband.

He squint his eyes and closely observing their movements and noticed that lan wangji is just holding back. He wants his husband to win immediately so he reveal his self and began to cheer to his husband, "go husband you can do it if you win I'll give you a kiss".

Lan wangji heard his beloved wife cheering for him he was motivated even more. The cheer itself fueled him even more and began to push his father in law and his movements became more sharper, heavy and faster than before. Lan wangji reads his father in law and saw a small opening which he took it feigning a suppose attack and tripping wei changze to his back.

Wei changze opened his eyes and saw a sword pointed to him by (already accepted son in law but can't still say it a loud) lan wangji. He smirked and took lan wangji's hand as a help to help him stand and he saw his son running to them and tackled lan wangji giving him a kiss on a cheek. Guess his son really love this boy so much that he have no choice but to acknowledge him.

Cangse sanren went to the training field and saw her husband all sweaty and dusty so she offered him a water while she wipes his sweat and did in the face. She glance at her son who was being all lovey dovey with her son in law. Her son was so innocent and she didn't want him to experience hardship. Oh if she only knew.

Aside from sparring, wei changze challenge lan wangji in many things like hunting animals, fishing, archery, ordering lan wangji to wash his clothes, cooking and nursing. Wei changze, the Duke of the jiang kingdom basi ally made THE lan zhan courtesy of wangji, second prince of the lan kingdom, hanguangjun and the husband of his son, a servant for the whole week.

Yet lan wangji didn't complain and did all the things that wei changze wants in silent and in the best quality he could. After all at night where all retire, lan wangji was with wei wuxian cuddling him and telling him some story to help his husband to 'remember' things. So how could he even complain a bit? Cleaning and serving his father in law was a great honor if the prize was his beloved. He was in heaven.

For the following weeks and maybe months wei changze kept giving lan wangji tasks that a prince shouldn't do to which lan wangji obligated to do them all whole heartedly.

Author's note: hello guys I'm back still alive and kicking. Sorry for not updating this story nor the other stories in the number 1 reason I'm lazy. I'm kinda suffering to my modules and some pressures that my parents gave me and a little bit of messy ideas since I started watching luxiem streams (yes all of them ike, vox, shu, luca and mysta), which I may or may not forget the storyline here and took me for awhile to remember them all.

I also have a lot of new pets to take care of especially my 2 rabbits, 8 doves and 2 love birds. And now I'll be returning on writing new chapters and I'll be focusing on this story and holding my first story. We'll that's all for now