{Nine}

I thought that I was getting better. Every day, Fred and George made me a plate of food for every meal and I would eat what I could. I pushed the thoughts away and they would smile at me, watching me stuff all kinds of food in my mouth. 

"I've noticed an improvement in your eating." My father spoke as we walked towards his office. 

I couldn't help but smile at him, agreeing with his statement.

"I knew it would be hard for you to have the transition here, but I'd say you've done better than I could hope for. Well, appart from your misshape with Miss Parkinson." He continued.

I giggled at that last part, I couldn't help myself. Knowing that Pansy Pug-face was scared of me made me feel all sorts of things. I would glare at her every time we made eye contact, and I could see her shrink into herself as if to hide from me.

We arrived in dads office and let me tell you, it was cold. How could he constantly be down here all the time? I mean, I know I have potions down here too, but at least the classroom has a little bit of warmth to it. He must have seen my shivering body because he turned around and muttered "incendio" to the fire place and orange flames immediately burst through, making the room a lot warmer within a matter of seconds.

He sat down behind his desk and gestured to a seat across from him for me to sit in. It was rather large, so I sat down and crossed my legs becoming more comfortable in the large space. I saw him open one of the many draws in his desk and pull out a small black box decorated with small sliver snakes around the edges. 

"Whats this?" I asked as he handed me the delicate box.

"Something I thought you should have." He began.

I opened the box slowly, inside, it was incased with a pearl satin cushion. In the middle there was a lovely locket on a silver chain. I looked at it with wide eyes as I carefully picked it up and noticed that there was a delicate little snake on the front, on the back I read the engraving "999 S.S." Interesting I thought to myself.

"What do you suppose this means?" I queried showing my father the engraving.

"No idea" He muttered as he started leaning back into his chair.

"It's an early Christmas present Fawn. Please. Take good care of it." He said, making it sound more important than just a random locket. 

"Thank you." I stated as I placed it back into it's box and stood from the chair.

I walked behind his desk and gave him a small hug, which he returned. 

"Why so early?" I asked as I was about to leave the warm room.

"Only a few days Fawn. And with the way things have been going, I wasn't sure if I'd get it to you by Christmas." He said, slightly saddened.

He was right. Throughout the entire time I have been here, we've only really had short conversations about twice. Once after the Pug incident and second when he came to check on me after I ran out of the hall. 

I smiled weakly as I responded "You're right. Love you dad."

"Love you too." He said as he watched me leave his office.

☆ ★ ★ ★ ☆

"Are you sure you're not a Slytherin Bambi?" George said as we walked out of the great hall.

"Hold on a minute. Since when did everyone start calling me that?! Half of you don't even know what it is." I shot back at him.

"And you do?" I heard Fred say from behind me.