{Eight}

Over the past two weeks the only thing that everyone was talking about was the Yule Ball. Ron was pissed at Hermione for already having a date to the ball, I on the other hand was still contemplating weather I would actually show up or not. 

"You should come" Cedric complained as we walked up the cold, slippery stairs to the owlery.

"I don't know Ced, what's the point?" 

"To spend time with everyone, to celebrate that none of us have died from this crazy tournament!" He chuckled in response.

I felt my smile fade almost instantly and my thoughts grow darker, what if one of them did die!? What would happen?! Worry and panic was displayed across my entire face. My walking started to slow and my breathing quickened.

"Fawn?" Cedric said searching for a response.

"Fawn?!" 

"Fuck, Ced. I- I can't b- breathe." I was scared and my mind was all over the place. 

Cedric picked me up bridal style and walked the both of us up and inside the owlery. When he placed me gently on the floor he cupped his warm hands on my cheeks. I could tell he was trying to look me in the eye, but mine were darting around the place.

"Fawn! Shit! I think you're having a panic attack."

"Please, just try to breathe with me." I could hear his voice was slightly paniced, but not as bad as my breathing.

I followed his lead, when he inhaled I did too. When he exhaled, I did too. This went on for five to ten minutes before I could breath without his help. I finally felt less dizzy and more calm. 

"What do you think caused that one Pierce?" He asked as he sat next to me.

"I- I'm not sure." I lied and I could tell he saw straight through me.

"If you don't want to talk about it, I get it." He replied with a simpathetic look on his face.

"Thank you." I smiled.

We stayed in the owlery for about an hour, talking about what his first few years were like here and what he might do after school. 

I felt at home.

He reminded me of home.

"So..." I began.

"So?" 

"Who are you taking to ball then?" I quearied.

"Well, I'll only tell you because you're basically my sister... I'm hoping to ask Cho Chang today." 

He was nervouse, his head was tilted down, his cheeks were pink. Though that may have just been the dropping temperature. 

I smiled, I was so happy for him. I remembered him telling be about her last year. He told me what she looked like, her house, how she acted and how beautiful she was. 

"She's perfect" he would always tell me.

"I am so happy for you Ced!" I beamed in excitement.

"So, when?" I asked, I felt like Hermione. Wanting all the details.

"When what?" He was puzzled.

"When today are you going to ask her dummy" I giggled.

As if on cue, an white snowy owl flew past us and we held our gaze on it as it flew out the door next to a girl with jet black hair and a woollen hat. I smiled, knowing exactly who it was.