{Eighty}

June 20th 1998 - 

"Happy birthday, love." His cool, loving voice flooded my mind. 

I sighed as I rolled over to face him. His icy blue eyes reflected the early morning sun, just the way I loved it, just the way I had missed it. I found myself realising how much I missed him, I was gone for nearly ten months, and I found myself taking in every single detail I could. How his hair draped over his forehead when he would lie on his side. How he fiddled with his rings when he was bored or nervous. How he brushed strands of my hair out of my face at random times.

I noticed everything.

I smiled widely at him, watching his own lips curl upwards into an energetic smile, "Thank you." My eyelids felt slightly heavy, wanting to fall asleep once again. 

Ever since the trial, the court, my nightmares had settled. I had the occasional dream, though they were never as terrifying as they used to be. Now knowing that the two men who hurt both Draco and I so much, were gone, made life so much easier to live. 

"We're still not telling anyone, are we?" He asked with a drastically pouted lip.

I chuckled at his eagerness, "It's too early Draco," I played with his blonde strands of hair, "Besides, you never know what could happe-"

"Don't say that." He cut me off, "We're safe. We," He placed his hand on my stomach, "Are all safe. I am never letting anyone touch you, or our child. I don't care if my own mother wants to hold them, it's not happening." 

I could tell he was trying to act serious, but as a smile curled upon my lips, we both burst into laughter, "You know that not even you could stop Narcissa from holding them." I chuckled as I placed my hand over his. 

It felt strange, it felt strange because I lacked hope. After one traumatic experience after the other, I was just preparing myself for the worst. Knowing that the little seed inside my stomach might not make it to the next week, let alone the next day caused all hope to drain from my body. I was mentally and physically preparing myself for the worst, now knowing that Draco would handle it much worse than I would. Going through something as traumatic as I did, by myself, was hard. I knew that if anything were to happen, Draco would be most affected. I was preparing myself, while he was living in the moment.

I admired him for his excessive amount of hope.

He placed a warm and tentative kiss on my forehead, "Come on, Molly will want to see you." He smirked.

"Oh God, what have you done?" I groaned, knowing damn well that Molly loves to make food and celebrate on the most random occasions.

We hadn't yet moved out of the burrow, Molly told us to stay as long as we needed so that was what we did. Our plan was to move out after the marriage, depending on how the little house my parent left me turned out, we would move there, otherwise, we'd start looking for something else. 

Draco and I crept down the stairs of the burrow and made our way into the kitchen. Summer was growing hotter and hotter with every day that drew by, so we were wearing minimal clothing to bed. Draco wondered out in his grey sweatpants, no shirt, while I wondered out in his shirt and my underwear.

"Happy Birthday!" It felt like the whole burrow shook as everyone screamed.

Every single Weasley, Hermione, Harry, Onyx, Blaise, Lorenzo, Sirius and Narcissa all stood around the dining room table. I felt my heart swell as I appreciated what I had, as I looked around our friends, I was more than happy, I felt more than loved.

Molly rushed over to Draco and I, "Happy birthday, dear. Come, come, have some food." She rushed us over to our usual seats.

I gave Sirius and Narcissa hugs before taking my seat, waiting for everyone else to sit with us. I had gotten gifts, I had forgotten what a birthday felt like. The last time I had a birthday, I was under the control of Tom Riddle, the year before, I was alone in Nott Manor. It felt strange, everything seemed to be going back to normal, whatever normal was.