{Fifty}

Fred's pov - 

I didn't want to go back to school, not without Fawn, not with Umbridge. George had to practically drag me out of bed for the entire two weeks we were home. He helped me explain to everyone about the love potion, I could tell they were reluctant on believing me, I knew they would be. 

"Are you going to tell her?" Hermione asked as we sat on the train.

"Yeah, but I think I'll need help." I said hesitantly. 

I knew Fawn would have a hard time believing me, harder than the rest. I wanted to tell her on the train, though she didn't sit with us. She was most likely sitting with the Slytherins, so Hermione went to go and see if she was there or not.

She was gone for all of ten minutes before she came back and sat down in a huff.

"What's up?" Ginny asked.

"She wasn't there, I guess Snape didn't want her taking the train." She sighed.

It wasn't unusual for her to not take the train. I think she's only taken it once in her whole time at Hogwarts. The stupid train was taking it's damn time, most of us had fallen asleep during the ride. I woke up to the screeching sound of the train stopping.

The carriages were slow too, it was like the universe was trying to keep me away from her. My leg shook constantly as I thought of what I was going to say to her, when I was going to tell her. 

"It'll be okay mate, we'll help you." George confirmed as we walked into the great hall.

I scanned everywhere for her long black hair, the curls which would bounce as she walked. I searched for her gorgeous eyes, the eyes that brought me joy. But she wasn't there.

"Where could she be?" I asked worriedly as we took our seats.

"I don't kno-" Granger was cut off.

"Your attention please!" Dumbledore shouted.

"Welcome back to the third and final term of this year. However, as we come back on this spring evening, I have some upsetting news..." He trailed off.

The entire hall was curious, looking around to their friends for clues or answers. I looked up to Snape, hoping to get an answer as to where Fawn was. His eyes were glued to his plate, not bothering to look up to Dumbledore.

"I am sure most of you will know our beloved student Fawn Pierce..."

My heart dropped.

"I regret to inform you all that Miss Pierce is no longer with us."

"Does he mean she moved to a different school?" Ron asked.

I was just as confused as everyone else, hoping it wasn't as bad as I thought.

"It has been requested by her family that I do not expose how she passed. However, I can tell you that she is in a much better place. We will hold a memorial service in the coming month." He sat down.

No.

I looked around me as a tear fell down my cheek, Hermione was in tears, Ron tried to comfort her, holding back tears of his own. Harry sat there in silence as George sat still, tears falling down his cheeks. My eyes darted around the room, hoping this was some sort of sick joke. 

"No." I heard a girls voice from behind me.

I turned to see Deloughery holding her hands to her face as Zabini hugged her tightly, tears of his own spilling down his cheeks. Berkshire looked shocked, Malfoy held no expression.