Breaking in

Arielle's P.O.V

"Watch the backside!" Dad warns, as they cut open the prison fence.

"Got it!" I reply.

Dad then ushers me through the gap in the fence.

"Hurry, hurry," dad rushes T as rotters start to approach us.

Daryl and Glenn close the gap.

"It's perfect. If we can shut that gate, prevent more from filling the yarr, we can pick off these walkets. We'll take the field by tonight," dad says.

"So how do we shut the gate?" Hershel asks.

"I'll do it you guys cover me," Glenn announces.

"No. It's a suicide run," Maggie replies.

"I'm the faste- uh second fastest," Glenn says, looking at me.

"Okay. Arielle you should do it," Carol suggests.

"No!" Carl, Glenn, Daryl, Luther, T, Dad, Mom and Beth shout in unison.

"She is the fastest..." Carol shrugs.

"No. She's not even an option," dad scolds. "Glenn, you, Maggie and Beth, draw as many as you can over there, pop 'em through the fence. T, you and Luther go that side. Daryl, you and Arielle go back to the other tower. Carol you've become a pretty good shot. Take your time, we don't have a lot of ammo to waste. Hershel, you and Carl take this tower," dad instructs.

"Alright," Carl nods.

Everyone gets into position but I stay where I was.

"Dad I'll cover you," I say.

"Arielle no. We just got you back. Go," dad firmly says.

"Rick you have to trust her. She's been with one person and a baby for eight months. She can help you. She'll be safe with you," mom says.

Dad pinches the bridge of his nose.

Daryl's P.O.V

"Alright y'all ready," I say to Carol and Ari.

"Uh... I am," Carol mutters.

I turn around to see only Carol standing there.

"Where the fuck is she?!" I hiss.

"There," Carol points at the fence.

"For fucks sake," I groan.

Lori opens the fence and Rick runs out, Ari in tow. Her and Rick sprint for the fence. She takes out any walkers that get to close. Suddenly Rick stops and Ari runs into him. Ending up on her ass.

"Sorry!" Carol apologizes after almost shooting Rick.

He helps up a giggling Ari and continues for the fence. Rick shuts it as Ari picks of some walkers. They open the door to the tower and a prison guard walker comes out.

"Fuck," I whisper.

"Oh shit," Carol mumbles.

We continue to shoot as walkers approach them.

Ari throws the walker to the ground, rips off its helmet and stomps its head in. Rick follows by doing the same to the other prison guard walker.

"Jeez... she must've done some shit the past 8 months," Carol mutters.

"It's called surviving," I retort.

They get to the top of the tower.

"They did it!" Carol cheers.