Into the blinding light

Rick's P.O.V

Arielle and I knew it. We knew it. We enter the CDC

"Daryl you cover the back" Shane says.

"Hello? Hello?" I say, "watch those doors. Watch for walkers," I add.

"Hello?" A mans voice says, "anybody infected?" he questions.

"One of our group was but he didn't make it. And the girl over there," I gesture to Amy, "she was, but my daughter cut the infected part off though, she survived..." I add.

He eyes us then stares at Amy. He glances back at me.

"Why are you here? What do you want?" he questions.

"A chance," I reply.

"That's asking for an awful lot these days," he retorts.

"We know," Arielle replies, stepping beside me.

I pull her close to me as he gazes at us.

"You all submit to a blood test. That's the price of addmission," he offers.

"We can do that," I reply.

Arielle's P.O.V

We're safe.

For now.

We follow the man to the elevator.

"Rick Grimes. My daughter Arielle," dad states holding out his hand.

The man eyes both of us then shakes dads hand.

"Dr. Edwin Jenner," he replies, then holds his hand to me and I shake it.

We enter the elevator. Shit I hate elevators. I cling to Glenn.

"Ari it's fine okay?" Glenn whispers pulling me closer. I still cling on him for dear life.

Daryl decides to break the scilence.

Thank god.

"Doctor's always go 'round packin' heat like that?" he questions.

"There were plenty left lying around. But I familiarised myself," Jenner replies, "but you look harmless enough," he adds, "except you."
He points at Carl, "I'll have to keep an eye on you," he finishes.

I giggle as I see Carl smirking.

We are then taken to 'Zone 5' and find out there's no one left. Just him. We then have our blood tests and then we're taking to a cafeteria? I don't know some kind of eating area.

Food!

I sit myself between Glenn and mom. We have dinner and the adults are drinking.

"You know in Italy, children have a little bit of wine with dinner," Dale hints to mom, "and France," he adds refilling moms glass.

Everyone chuckles, knowing what he's hinting at.

"Well, when Arielle and Carl are in Italy or France, they can have some then," she replies taking a sip.

"Come on what's it gonna hurt?" Dale says fulling a glass then passing it to me.

"No thanks Gramps, keep your empty carbs for yourself," I reply chuckling, pushing the glass away.

"That's my girl," mom says, kissing my head.

"Trust you Ari, it's the end of the world and you're worried about carbs," Glenn teases rolling his eyes.

Everyone giggles. I playfully hit him and smile.