Chapter 43-With Out You Part III (Vince Neil-Mars POV)

A/N: MAY WANT TO BREAK OUT THE TISSUES! AND A SUPRISE APPERANCE FROM ONE OF MICK AND VINCE'S CHILDREN! 

December 20, 2004, and Eric, poor Eric is still unconscious.... still asleep. Nikki has been so lost and an absolute wreck with out Eric. He can't keep it together.... around Eric, around Frankie...around anyone really. Literally we've had to force him to take some time for himself and have had to force Frankie as well, for she of course understandably wants to be by both of her parents' sides. It's just so very heart-breaking.... very heart breaking.

I feel a hand gently clap my shoulder and arms wrap around me that I'd know anywhere: My eldest Daughter.... Skylar Leigh Neil-Mars.

"Hey Mom.... how are you holding up? Dad's right behind me....".

"Dad's here.", Mick says quietly coming up behind our oldest daughter and giving me a kiss before sitting beside me as we all watch over Eric and Mick of course hugs our daughter tightly.

I sigh and finally answer quietly, "Not so good...not holding up very well. This just brings back so many memories...Mick, I can't imagine what this was like for you.... But God, Nikki & Eric? Here it is Christmas and this just...SUCKS. It's even worse, harder. I've never seen Nikki so lost & broken not even when he died twice, not even when he was drowning in drugs....and Eric can't even SEE his children." Skylar moves to sit on the other side of me holding one hand, while my husband holds the other as I start to sob. Eric, meanwhile, still very much asleep...still does not stir...it's too damn quiet in this room.

"Oh, babe I know...I know.... where is Nikki anyway?" Mick soothes me, which works as I calm down, he just has that touch....one of the many things I love about him.

"Um...made him go home and shower and stuff, spend time with Frankie. He's going to be back in a bit though. He's spent some time with Storm, Hope, Ruby and Decker and they'd had skin-to skin with Eric.", I sniffle.

"Mom, I hope that Uncle Nikki and Eric.... they get a miracle and I love you! Love dad too...so much!", Skylar cries quietly.

"Honey I hope so too...we all do, and I love you Rainbow and your father...our family so very much." I state quietly. There is nothing to do but wait...the silence is so loud. Eric is still, never stirring.... although, I notice there are tear tracks running down his face.... Crying even in sleep...to me and I know especially to Nikki this proves that he can hear us, and I have the feeling he dreams about everyone, Nikki, and his children especially.... He needs his husband, and his husband needs him...so very badly.

How much time passes I don't know, in this room...time loses all meaning. Of course, though I have not mentioned it, all the guys from the Kiss-Motley family.... have been here and we all rotate. If we could all stay here every night, but we just want...no NEED to be here for Nikki and for his children: all five of them.

Suddenly I hear Nikki's tearful voice from the doorway and Mick, Skylar and I jerk our heads around, "H-Hey.... thanks so much for being here...I need...the...support.... wait...wait, oh no! He's.... Eric's. Crying....in his sleep...." I don't see Frankie, so I assume she is with one of our family members. My phone buzzes...Sure enough, Lee tells me he and TC have Frankie and they will be by later.

Nikki immediately makes a bee line for his husband and takes his hands in his, "Oh Kitten.... don't cry.... d-don't...I-I know though.... I understand. I'm here.... I'm here...I wish you could see our babies: Storm, Hope, Ruby, and Decker...doing so well. They are gaining weight, slowly but surely...their little lungs, too are getting stronger. They know you...they know you. They love the sound of your heart." Here Nikki takes one of Eric's hands, which is limp and brings it to his chest, "Feel this...Eric...feel...this is YOURS; it's always been YOURS since the moment we met, and my heart will be yours until the day I die." Nikki then takes his free hand and puts it gently on Eric's chest, "Yours is the most beautiful, strongest and most loving heart I've ever known."

Nikki breaks down, "I-I just miss you.... love you...so much!!" Eric doesn't make a sound...he never once stirs. This is just beyond heartbreaking.... I have never seen Nikki this broken.... ever.

Nikki after some time finally manages to collect himself somewhat, though his eyes are red & puffy. Soon after in comes Frankie with Lee & TC, she quickly hugs myself, Skylar and my husband and throws herself at Nikki, who clings to her.

"I missed you Daddy.... oh, mommy still sleeping....", Frankie's eyes fill with tears as she looks on at Eric. This fucking sucks for their family! And it's even harder because it's Christmas! It's not fair!!

"Yeah, he's still sleeping..." A catch in Nikki's voice..., "But I know he's thinking about us and your sisters and brother."

"Daddy? Please.... can I cuddle with Momma? Haven't done in forever. Please.... I be really, really careful.!" Nikki rocks her gently and sighs.

"I know sweetheart...I know...ok...I'll help you...be very careful...ok?" Nikki carefully picks her up and places her to where she's cuddled up to Eric and not disturbing the wires. Carefully she lays her head on his chest and little sobs rack her frame, my poor niece is shaking. There's not a dry eye in this room now.

"Daddy? Momma...he can hear me, right?"

"He can sweetheart, talk to him....and it's ok...it will be ok...." Nikki murmurs tearfully.

Frankie carefully and gently pokes Eric in the face and shakes him a little, "Member this Momma? When you watched me when Daddy went out of town...the next morning...you pretended sleepy? Then you woke up and tickled me, and made Chocolate chip pancakes? It very special...YOU very special. I miss you...I know need rest and sleepy...but this hurt....it hurt because you hurt mommy." Eric doesn't respond...yet in a way, he does for there are tear tracks once again down his face. "I write letter to Santa...I told Santa...he could take back all my toys...all I want for Christmas is you to wake up and see my sisters and brother. I love you momma.... the bestest gifts are your heart, you are alive, Daddy...our family. The bestest gift of all? Me being your daughter yours & daddies. I so proud of you mommy....so proud!"

Frankie drifts off to the sound of Eric's heartbeat and no one, including Nikki has the heart to move her.

"What she said.... that was the most beautiful and sad thing I've ever heard....", TC sniffs silently crying as he has his hands on Lee's little baby bump.

"It was...", Nikki says quietly. "It breaks my heart, but too what she said...I've never been prouder to be her father. I know Eric...he would be proud of our daughter."

"Dude, you and Eric are amazing parents...Eric is an awesome mother.", Lee says quietly. Nikki manages a smile.

"Uncle Nikki? We've got you. We love you...we are here." That's my daughter!

"Skylar's right Nikki, we've got you...all of us we are a family." Mick says and I squeeze his hand. I can only hope that Nikki and Eric...well I hope they get a miracle, and he wakes up sooner than the doctor's have said, maybe in time for Christmas. But no matter what, we will be here for Nikki and his family...always. 

A/N: OH THIS GOT ME...AND I WROTE IT!! I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR THOUGHTS...AND CHAPTER 44? ANOTHER EMOTIONAL ONE...AND WILL NIKKI AND HIS FAMILY GET THE MIRACLE OF ERIC WAKING UP BY CHRISTMAS? STAY TUNED!