Chapter 12-The Cat's Adventures in Babysitting Part II (Eric Singer POV)

We Pull up to a grocery store.... or more accurately A Target superstore. Everything from groceries to home décor and I like it a lot better than shopping at Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart just really seems to irritate me, don't know why...anyway....

"Ooh, the bulls-eye store!", Frankie exclaims from the back seat.

"Yep, now let's get you in a cart...and get what we need!", I say as I proceed to come around to the backseat and undo her from her booster seat. Quickly, I take her by her little hand and it makes my heart melt the way she looks at me with such trust in those little eyes...Nikki's eyes reflected at me. How, very much I miss him...especially now that I realize I love him, and he loves me....

"Ok, so where should we start first? Food?", and Frankie scrunches up her face adorably as we step inside the store....

"Food!! Food!"

"A woman after my own heart! Groceries it is!", I tickle her, and she giggles. I start to gather stuff: Veggies (yes, I do eat something besides sugar...again need to fit in the spandex!), Bread, Fruit, Milk, Juice etc. The cart starts to get full.... still not done yet though.... I decide or remember that I need household cleaners, detergent....

"Eric? Is this what it like?", Frankie asks serious look on her face.

"What's what like sweetheart?", Curiosity has got this cat.

"Shopping with your Mommy? Frankie has never had mommy...daddy no like to talky about it, but hey you can be my mommy! I want you to be! Daddies say girls & boys can have babies! Plus, you and daddy wuv each other!"

I freeze a moment.... this child and her uncanny ability to see stuff. How does she do it? Children though are known to see and feel things we adults cannot. She wants me to be her mother...and I DO see her as mine, as not just Nikki's daughter but mine as well. It feels right...

"Oh, Frankie Angel...that's what I want...you can call me mommy or momma or whatever you want! And I do love your daddy, Nikki very much!", I get a little misty and I feel her little arms squeeze me tightly in a hug.

From there we move on, and I get Disney DVDS, nothing but the classics here, baby monitors just in case, and I find the cutest little apron that has cats all over it and a stuffed cat with blue eyes that Frankie immediately said she wanted because its eyes looked like mine and she decided to name it: Ocean.

Soon our shopping trip finally comes to an end and we head back to my house. Groceries are put away, Frankie clings to her new stuffed cat...I glance at my watch, still not lunch time yet....

"So, what do you Wanna do Frankie? Oh, I have an idea! How about I take you to my music room? I have a piano and drums of course...and I have a bass.", An enthusiastic nod greets my suggestion and off we go.

Upon seeing my music room aka practice room, I hear, "Wow! This so cool! Drums, piano, and a bass! The bass look like daddies!" The bass indeed looks like Nikki's, it's one of his signatures and not many people know, I can play bass a little.

But of course, we start at my drums and I sit on my stool...Frankie in my lap as my hands close around hers & guide her as she 'plays' drums.... she really gets into it. So do I, and even more so since we're playing a drum rift from Motley. This is, everything.... I do mean everything.

Before I know it, hours pass by and Frankie declares she's hungry, so I fix her and myself some lunch and then we watch tv for a while...Frankie plays with her Ocean, colors in her coloring books I'd gotten her...I feel like I have a family.... that family is missing one piece: Nikki.