Chapter Nine

*Austin's POV*

It had been almost 3 weeks since the day at Jon's. Nobody had seen or spoken to Liz since that day. She had been staying with her mom and hadn't even called me.

I sat in my room and flipped through the channels, trying to distract myself. Lizzie had said she was loved me. She pictured us together. That was all I ever wanted to hear from her. But did she really mean it? Or did she just panic when Jon proposed?

I heard the front door open and then Lizzie's voice. "Hello? Anyone home?"

I got up and went downstairs. Lizzie stood there and dropped her big duffel bag and her purse. She looked at me and sighed. "Hi."

"Hi." I said softly. I took a step towards her. "Need help with your bag?"

She glanced at her bag and then back at me. "Uh, yeah. Sure."

I nodded and went and picked up her bag and turned and walked up stairs. Lizzie followed me and when we reached her room she went and sat down on her bed, pulling her knees up to her chest.

I set her bag down and looked at her. "How are you?"

She was quiet for a minute. Then she looked at me. "I meant everything I said. It was all true then and it's still true now."

I sat down next to her. "Liz.."

She shook her head. "I've know since the day I met you that you were my soulmate. Even back then when we were just 9 years old." She looked at me. "You were my first love, my first kiss, my first time." She sighed. "It's always been you, Aussy. But I know you don't feel the same. I know you haven't felt the same since high school."

I shook my head. "Liz, listen."

"No, Austin, you don't have to say anything because-"

I grabbed her face and kissed her. I kissed her with every ounce of passion and want I've been holding in all these years. She hesitated at first, then kissed back. Her fingers tangled in my hair and she pushed her body towards me. Then she pulled away and looked at me.

I pushed her hair behind her face. "I love you too, Lizzie. I always have. I never stopped loving you."

She blinked tears away. "You love me?"

I nodded. "More than anything."