Chapter Eleven

*Austin's POV*
*week later*

"Austin!" Lizzie yelled running into the kitchen jumping on the counter, kneeling down on her knees and grabbing onto the faucet to keep her balance. "Austin, guess what!"

I chuckled. "You wanna join a parkour group?"

She smiled. "No. Shutup." She held out a piece of paper. "Remember how you convinced me to send in some of my photography for that contest?"

I nodded and took the paper, reading over it and smiling. "You won!" I said looking at her.

She nodded. "Read further."

I read and I smiled bigger. "You won $5000?"

She squealed and nodded, jumping off the counter and throwing her arms around me. "Their studio wants to display my photos!"

I hugged her. "Lizzie, that's so great. I'm so proud of you."

She looked up at me, still smiling. "I didn't even think those pictures were that good and now they're gonna be displayed in a real art studio."

I smiled. "I told you you had talent. You just never believed me."

She looked into my eyes and her smile turned softer, more beautiful. I tucked her hair behind her ear and kissed her. Her hands rested on my neck and she stood on her tip toes and I felt her body press into mine. My hands went to the small of her back and our tongues explored each other's mouths. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I picked her up, sitting her on the counter. Her legs wrapped around my waist and we never broke our kiss. It was perfect.

When Lizzie finally pulled away, as clique as it sounds, I felt a little empty.

I smiled. "I told you it wouldn't be weird."

She smiled and held my hand. "It was perfect. I feel like I'm 15 years old again."

I chuckled and nodded. "So remember how you said you pictured us growing old together?"

She nodded. "Yeah."

"Am I still as hot as I am now?" I asked, smiling.

She laughed and shook her head. "Oh no. You're bald as ever."

I pinched her leg. "I could pull off bald."

She smiled. "If you say so."

I kissed her again. "I wanna take you out tonight. Dinner and dancing."

Lizzie smiled bigger and nodded. "Okay."