Chapter Ten

*Liz's POV*

I stood in front of my mirror and smoothed out my shirt. I was trying to find the energy to get ready for the day but I just wasn't feeling it. After spilling my guts to Austin yesterday I felt exhausted and just wanted to curl up in a ball and sleep. Austin felt the same way, but we decided to take things slow. He said he didn't want me to feel that he's taking advantage of me since I just got out of an 8 year relationship.

On the other side of things, I still felt horrible for embarrassing Jon in front of his entire family. After the fact we talked, and we ended things on a good note. He felt the same. He loved me but not in the growing old together type of way. He only proposed because he thought it was what I wanted. Either way, I still felt bad.

"Lizzie Lou!" I heard outside my door. It was Deni.

"Come in." I said, sitting on my bed.

She opened the door and walked in, smiling. "Whuddup?" She came and sat down in the chair in the corner of my bedroom.

I shrugged. "Trying to find motivation but I'm quickly realizing I have none."

Deni smiled. "I feel you. The only reason I got out of bed today was because I was offered coffee and breakfast."

I frowned. "By who? You live alone."

She smiled bigger. "I may have had a very sweet gentleman stay with me last night."

I smiled. "Did you bone?"

She laughed and nodded. "Hell yeah."

I heard Austin's bedroom door open. "Hey Austin!" I called. "Deni got it in last night!"

He walked to my doorway and smiled at Deni. "Your fingers don't count, Deni."

She smirked at him. "Neither does your left hand, asshole."

"I'm right handed." He said, walking away.

I smiled and looked at Deni. "So, what? You got laid last night and decided to come here and brag?"

She shook her head. "No. I came to check on you." She motioned to the doorway. "Did you spill?"

I nodded and sighed. "Yeah." I smiled a little. "He feels the same way."

Deni smiled. "I knew it."

I rolled my eyes. "If you knew then why were you always trying to get me to hook y'all up?"

She shrugged. "I thought jealously would push you to tell him how you felt."

I glanced out my doorway when I saw Austin across the hall in his room. He sat on the side of his bed and looked at his phone, then took a picture of himself. I smiled. He took the best pictures. I looked away and shook my head. "He wants to take things slow."

Deni scoffed. "You guys have already dated, had sex, broken up. You did that bullshit. Why take things slow?"

I shrugged. "I don't. I still haven't wrapped my head around this yet."

She nodded. "It'll take some time." She stood up and kissed the top of my head. "But I gotta go. I have work. I'll call you later."

"Okay. Love you, Denise." I said.

She walked out. "Love you, Elizabeth." She flipped Austin off and smiled. "Bye, jackass."

He smiled. "Bye, Blondie."

Deni went downstairs and I heard her leave. I looked over at Austin and he smiled. "Hi." He said.

I smiled and got up, going into his room and sitting down on his nightstand. "Hi."

His hand rested on my thigh. "Any plans today?"

I shook my head. "No. I'm probably gonna be lame and clean the house."

He shrugged. "Come to the studio with me."

I shook my head. "Nah. Tino always yells at me for touching everything." I smiled.

He smiled too. "Want me to stay home with you?"

I shrugged and looked at him. His big brown eyes were filled with sympathy and love. "Where are we supposed to be, Austin? Are we gonna jump right into a full fledged relationship? Or are we gonna date?" I sighed and pouted. "I'm confused."

He nodded and held my hand. "I am too. Let's just start slow." He shrugged. "We've dated before and we've been best friend for a million years. We'll find our place together, Lizzie."

I nodded and looked down and traced patterns on my jeans. Austin stood up and kissed my forehead. "You'll always be my bestfriend. Don't let our feelings make things weird." He kissed my forehead again. "I'm gonna go take a shower." He said, walking away.