Chapter Six

*Austin's POV*
*week later*

I was doing an interview with BryanStars today and brought Liz with me. He was setting up the camera and looking over his questions. I sat down on the couch and smiled at Liz. She looked so pretty. Her hair was down and straightened. She wore black leggings and black high heeled boots, and a tight long sleeve navy blue shirt. Her blue eyes popped against the black eyeliner and her lips were dark red. Beautiful as ever.

The door opened and Alan came in and smiled at Bryan. "Hey, bro." Then he looked at Liz. "Lizzie!"

She looked up from her phone and smiled. "Hi, Princess."

He went and hugged her. "What are you doing here?"

She motioned to me. "Austin wanted me to come."

He smiled. "Well you look really hot today so I'm glad I got to see you." He came and sat down on the other side of Bryan.

Bryan smiled. "Are you guys ready?"

We both said yes.

"3...2...1. Hey guys! It's Bryan and I'm here with Alan Ashby and Austin Carlile."

After about 30 minutes of band stuff and silly questions Bryan looked at Liz. "That's the famous Lizzie, right?"

She smiled and nodded. "Guilty."

Bryan smiled. "Come over here."

She stood up and came over to us, squeezing between Bryan and I.

"Wanna introduce yourself?"

She smiled at the camera. "I'm Elizabeth. I'm Austin's bestfriend." She looked at me and smiled.

Bryan smiled. "From what I've heard you guys have been friends for a long time."

I nodded. "We met when we were 9 and we've been friends ever since." I smiled and patted her leg. "She's really amazing."

Lizzie smiled at me and I felt it again. Whatever passed between us before, it was there again.

Alan reached over and smacked Lizzie's leg. "Stop trying to take my place. Everyone knows Austin loves me the most." He smiled.

She chuckled. "I'm not arguing with that. Cashby is real."

I put my arm around Liz and made little circles on her shoulder with my thumb. "Everyone knows I love Lizzie the most." I smiled at her.

Alan mocked fake hurt and then smiled. "I would choose Lizzie too." She winked. "She's hot."

After we finished the interview Lizzie talked to Bryan for awhile. Alan and I stood in the hallway.

"How long, man?" Alan asked.

I looked at him. "What?"

He smiled. "How long have you been in love with Liz?"

I shrugged. "A long time."

He nodded and put his arm around me. "I can tell."

"Don't say anything to her about it." I said.

He shook his head. "Yeah, I know. I won't."

Liz came out and smiled at me. "Ready to go to lunch?"

I nodded and pulled my keys out of my pocket. "Yeah." I looked at Alan. "You comin?"

He nodded and put his arm around Liz. "You should be ginger again."

She laughed. "Why?"

"It's a good look." He said, smiling.

I smiled. "Nobody wants look like you, Alan."

Lizzie looked at me and laughed. "Mean."

When we got to the restaurant Liz sat next to me and got right on her phone. Alan and I talked about band stuff, girls, upcoming tours, etc. Lizzie was quiet, which was rare.

"You okay, Lizzie?" Alan asked.

She looked at him and I noticed her eyes were filled with tears. "Jon and I haven't had sex in months. We've been together 8 years, I have one drawer at his house." She wiped her eyes and looked down at the table. "I'm just confused. Is he not attracted to me? Does he not see a future?"

I looked at Alan and he reached over and held her hand. "If he's not attached to you then he's insane." She looked up at him and he wiped another tear away from her eye. "8 years is a long time but maybe he just doesn't think the same as you. Guys are dumb. Maybe he doesn't see a problem." Alan stopped talking and bit his lip, thinking for a second. Then he shrugged. "Do you see a future with him? Or maybe you could possibly see a future with someone else?"

I looked at Lizzie and she glanced at me, our stares catching for just a second. She sighed and looked away. "I don't know. I have to pee." She said, getting up and walking away.

I looked at Alan and he shrugged. "Girls are confusing."

I nodded. "You're tellin' me."

Alan smiled. "She has the look."

"What look?"

He smiled bigger. "The way she looked at you just then, she loves you."

I shook my head. "No. No she doesn't. She's not crying over me, man. She's crying over Jon. That's who she sees her future with. Not me."