Chapter Five

*Liz's POV*

I went to my room and shut the door behind me, leaning against it and closing my eyes. Something weird happened when Austin was on me. I looked into his eyes and I felt something. Something deep and strange, but beautiful at the same time.

I opened my eyes and pressed my hand into my lower belly to try to get rid of the butterflies. This wasn't right. Austin was my best friend. And I was with Jon. I loved Jon.

My phone buzzed on my nightstand and I went and grabbed it. Jon was calling me.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey, baby. What are you up to?"

I sat on my bed. "I was just about to get in the shower."

"Would you wanna go out to breakfast with me?" He asked.

I smiled. "I would like that."

"Okay good. I wanna talk to you about something."

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. Meet me at Hanley's in an hour? I know you love their breakfast." He said.

I smiled. "Okay."

"See ya." He said, hanging up.

I sighed. A lot of people though Jon was inconsiderate or rude. I knew he just didn't know any better. And a lot of people didn't know the Jon I knew. Behind the scenes he was sweet and funny and really good to me. Lately he had just been distant. I felt tears in my eyes. Who was I kidding? Jon had been distant for months.

I wiped my eyes and went and took a shower and got dressed in jeans and a tight white t-shirt. I put on my black vans and grabbed my purse. When I got outside I looked at saw Austin's truck in it's usual spot. My car was gone. I smiled. Austin took my car after all. I pulled my keys out of my purse and found the spare key he gave me. I smiled bigger and shook my head. Austin was so sweet.

---
"What are you gonna get, baby?" Jon asked.

I put my menu down and looked at him. "The mushroom and Swiss omelet and like a shit ton of hash browns."

He smiled. "I knew it."

I smiled and took a sip of my coffee. "So what did you want to talk about?"

He sat back in chair. "I know I've been kind of..." He shrugged, "far away, lately. I've just been thinking a lot about us."

I frowned. "Like what?"

He sat up and reached for my hand. "Like how we've been together for 8 years and we still don't live together. We're not married. No kids." He shrugged. "I wanna move forward with you, Liz."

I smiled. Was he gonna propose? "Yeah?"

He smiled. "Yeah, so I was thinkin maybe you could bring over some clothes. I cleaned out a drawer for you." He smiled bigger and kissed my hand. "I even bought you your own tooth brush."

My smile faded. "You cleaned out a drawer for me.."

He nodded. "Yeah. Isn't that great?"

I forced a smile and nodded. "Yeah, baby. That's great."

The waitress came up and took our order. About an hour later we were leaving and Jon walked me to the truck. "I love you, Liz." He said, kissing me and walking away before I could say anything. I rolled my eyes and got into Austin's truck. I know he hated when I smoked in here but I was going insane. I dug through my purse for a lighter and couldn't find one. I groaned and dropped my head back. I wanted to cry. I was so confused about Jon and Austin. I didn't know how I felt. I felt like I was 16 all over again.