Chapter Nineteen

*Austin's POV*

Somehow we managed to get everyone's schedules on track and convinced them all to come to the cabin with us. Liz and I decided to up a day early and clean up the cottage and air it out. Aly and Ray wanted to come with us so we brought them. Mel and Leo would be up tomorrow morning with Katie.

I looked around the cabin and smiled. I don't think it's been updated since Liz's grand father built it in the 60s.

"Uncle Austin? Can we go outside?" Aly asked.

I looked at her and nodded. "Yeah. Where's Aunt Liz and Ray?"

She pointed to the hallway. "Changing."

I smiled and took her hand, leading her out the back screen door and she took off to the sand box. I looked around. It was beautiful out here. The lake was directly behind the house. The small row boat was still tied to the big wooden dock.

"Uncle! Come and see what I made!" Aly said. She was adorable.

I went over and smiled. "Good job, Aly Cat!"

She smiled and looked up when we heard the back door open. I looked up and saw Liz standing there, holding Ray's hand. Ray looked like she could be Liz's daughter. She was a little chubby, raven black hair, big green eyes. Ray and Liz both looked a lot like their grandmother. Aly looked like Mel. Blonde, thin, blue eyes. Liz always said that her and Ray were the black sheep of the family.

"Aussy, do you guys have sun screen on?" She said.

"Yeah, babe."

Ray came over and started helping Aly build sand castles. I went over to Liz and smiled. She looked cute. She wore black high waisted shorts and a baggy white t shirt and her favorite black circle sun glasses.

She smiled at me. "This was a good idea, baby."

I put my arms around her and kissed her. "Later we'll take the girls to the ice cream shop down the road."

She nodded and looked around. "Isn't it crazy that we used to come here every summer?" She smiled. "So many memories." She wrapped her arms around me. "I love you, baby."

"I love you too, Lizzie."

---
*later that night*

I sat on the couch watching the fire in the fire place. I heard a bedroom door shut and then heard Liz walking towards me. I looked up at her and smiled, handing her a glass of wine. She sat down next to me snuggled up next to me.

"Are they asleep?" I asked.

She nodded and pulled a throw blanket over us. "They were exhausted."

I put my arm around her. "It was fun today." I smiled. "It was like playing house."

She took a sip of her wine. "Yeah. They're great kids."

I nodded. "When we have kids we'll have to bring them up here."

She sighed. "Austin, you know I cant get pregnant."

I took a drink of my beer. "Baby, theres adoption and surrogacy. We have options."

She sat up and looked at me. "Austin..."

I shook my head. "No, Lizzie. Just listen. Not everything is black and white. I know how much you want kids. We can adopt."

She looked away from me. "Please just drop it." She leaned back into me.

"I didn't mean to upset you." I said, rubbing her back.

"Its fine. Just drop it, okay?" She said.

I nodded. "Okay."