Chapter Fifteen

*Liz's POV*

The next morning Austin and I laid in bed, the morning sun making our skin glow and our bodies warm. Austin ran his finger up and down my arm and I laid on his chest, my eyes closed. I listened to his heart beat. It was so relaxing. It brought me back to when we were young. We would lay in bed and do exactly what we were doing now. I was 13 when I found out my dad had a second family. Austin helped me through him leaving with little things like this. When my dad left I fell apart. Austin came right over and laid with me while I cried. The next year, almost to the day, his new wife stabbed him in the heart, leaving him in the driveway to die. Austin was with me everyday trying to help me.

"Honey?" He mumbled, sleep still coating his voice.

"Yeah?" I said.

"I was just thinking about something." He said.

I smiled. "Okay?"

"We've never had sex in a bed." He said.

I thought about it. "Yeah. That's true."

He nodded. "That's weird."

I chuckled and sat up and looked at him. "You're so silly."

He smiled. "Can you do me a favor?"

I smiled. "I'm not having sex with you. I'm too tired."

He chuckled. "Dammit." He smiled and tucked my hair behind my ear. "How do you do it?"

"Do what?"

"How do you get me to fall in love with you more and more everyday?" He asked.

I smiled. "My sparkling personality. Duh." I kissed him and got out of bed. "I'm gonna go take a shower."

He nodded and yawned. "Okay. Wake me up when you out. Then I'll make breakfast."

---
*few hours later*

Austin and I sat on the dock behind our house looking out onto the ocean. Our feet dipped in the water and I leaned back on my elbows, soaking up the sun, my eyes closed behind my black circle sun glasses.

"Liz?" He said.

"Hmm?" I mumbled.

He laid down next to me. "You think my mom is proud of me?"

I opened my eyes and looked at him. "Of course she is. Why wouldn't she be?"

He shrugged and closed his eyes, sighing. "I don't know. I just haven't been the best person."

I frowned. "How so?"

"The things I've done in my past. I haven't been very nice to a lot of women and sometimes I feel like maybe I'm too full of myself."

I shook my head and laid down, taking his hand. "You're too hard on yourself. I mean, yeah, you did kind of sleep around and you weren't always very nice to some of those girls, but that doesn't change the fact that you are a good person."

He looked at me. "You think so?"

I smiled. "I know so, baby. You have a good heart. You just did some stupid things. But that's life. Everyone does." I kissed his hand. "I know your mom is proud."

He smiled and looked back up at the sky. "Do you ever think about your dad?"

I shook my head. "I try not to."

"Why?" He asked. "I mean, I know he had the second family but you guys were close before all his secrets spilled."

I sighed. "I don't know. It just still hurts like it happened yesterday." I shrugged. "I just still don't understand why." I felt myself getting angry. "I will never understand why he did that. He knew how bad things were for me in that house and he left me there to go join his stupid replacement wife and his stupid perfect kids and totally abandoned me." My eyes teared up and Austin rubbed my hand. "He was supposed to be my best friend and he left without even saying he loved me."

Austin continued rubbing my hand. He didn't even have to say anything to comfort me. Just being around him, his amazing energy, it relaxed me. It was hard for me to ever be angry or sad around him. He was my rock.

I sat up and wiped my eyes. "I just wish I could've gotten an explanation, that's all."

He sat up and wrapped his arms around me. "All that matters is right now. And right now you're breathing, you're looking out at a beautiful ocean, and you have a pretty hot guy by your side." He smiled. "So let's go shopping and go get some lunch."

I leaned into him and smiled. "Okay, baby."

We stood up and he grabbed me and kissed me, a smile spreading across both our faces as we kissed. It was the little moments like this that made me realize how lucky I was. He was my soulmate.