5-George's Twin

Sabrina

"Sabrina claims to not have a boyfriend!"
Jessica exclaimed.

After I had denied her absurd claim to the truth, she was still convinced I had one.

"Come on, is he some British guy?" Mike asked, laughing.

"Seriously, I don't!"

"Of course not," Leo said. He then took my backpack and searched.

"Give that back!" I tried reaching for my bag.

He just laughed and pulled it away from me.
Knowing I didn't stand a chance against him, I leaned back into my chair, waiting for him to ask me why I was carrying a random stick in my bag, and I'd have to come up with an excuse for my wand.

But his next words caught me off guard.

"Ah, so she does have one!"

"What?" My head shot up, as I noticed everyone looking at a tiny picture Leo was holding.

"What's that? What are you holding?"

"Come on, you know who I'm talking about." Leo said, smirking.

He shoved the picture in front of my face.
It was George.
Before I had time to protest the fact that he was my supposed boyfriend, Jessica had her word to say.

"Wow, he's good looking too! Does he have a twin or something I can date?" she asked, laughing.

That was quite ironic, considering George did have a twin.

"Actually, he-"

I stopped myself.
No.
George Weasley didn't have a twin.
Fred was dead.

"No... He doesn't have a twin," I said quietly.

I kept forgetting.

"Geez, what's wrong with you?" Jessica asked.

"Nothing." I looked up at her, smiling.

"Looks like you've got an admirer, Sabrina," Mike said, changing the subject abruptly.

I raised an eyebrow at him in confusion.

"Edward. Don't tell me you haven't noticed the stares he gives you." he continued.

I turned my head, searching for the Cullen table, and sure enough, my eyes met his.
I quickly looked away.

"I don't know why."

"He likes you! I mean, he never even looked at girls before." Jessica said, leaning in.

"Er... I don't know about that." I answered her hypothesis, laughing to relieve the tension.

"Anyway, tell me more about your boyfriend."

"Look. He's not my boyfriend. He's 3 years older than me. He-"

"Just because he's older, doesn't mean you can't date him," Jessica teased.

"He's just the older brother of one of my best friends." I was getting annoyed.
Mike and Eric laughed, but Jessica didn't seem convinced.

"Soo... you don't have a boyfriend...at all?"

"At all."

"Did you ever have one?"

The only boyfriend I ever had was him.
Cedric.

"Yes," I said quickly.

"Ooo, now we're getting somewhere." she said excitedly. "Why did you break up?"

I decided against telling them the real reason why our relationship ended. I would have to come up with an excuse for his death, and, right now, my mind was on other things.

"It was mutual. We lost feelings, that's it. Nothing crazy compared to what I bet you've gone through," I tried changing the subject.

To my relief, she started talking about her break ups. I was thankful she was egocentric.

I looked back at the Cullen table, and noticed Edward's eyes were off me. I took a minute to examine his features, so similar to Cedric's.

"So now you're the one staring at Edward? How the tables have turned," Jessica laughed.

Immediately, his gaze lifted up to meet mine, as if he had heard someone call his name.

He had told me in Biology he had a good hearing. But that was impossible for a human to hear. Even I couldn't listen that far away without an extendable ear or a spell.

I looked away, but not quickly enough before I could notice his eyes. They were lighter than before.