15-Dwelling on The Past

Edward

   The wild, young thoughts caused by the alcohol and commotion made me mentally come back to my surroundings. I was in Mike Newton's house, at a party which I initially started because I was too much of a coward to ask Sabrina on a date.
Or, I could say I was at an exciting party which my good friend Mike started, and I was in charge of the invitations.
And I could also say that Sabrina and I would chat through the party about this and that and life and death and all the little things that make her smile.
I could say that we were both wizards and we lived in harmony.
I could say that I wasn't a cold, unfeeling monster.
I could say that I wasn't a vampire.

There was no use dwelling on pointless wishes which I knew could never come true.
I looked around, taking in the mixture of scents swirling around me. The multicoloured lights danced around with the teenagers, all swaying their bodies grotesquely.
Well, almost all.
Of course, there were one or two boys who stood awkwardly at the punch table, gulping away at their beers.
Of course, there were a few girls who were giggling to themselves, gossiping about pointless moments in life like who their new crush was, or which GIRLZ magazine did they enjoy most.
And of course, there was Sabrina.
She was standing next to a few of her friends, but I blocked them out of my vision.
Though the kaleidoscopic lights swayed around quickly, changing direction every second, It seemed there was a glowing spotlight on her.
She looked over to her friend and smiled. She looked beautiful.
Edward is staring at you.
Angela's familiar mental voice sounded in my ear. Suddenly, Sabrina lifted her gaze to meet mine, and our eyes met. And so it was green against gold. (I had made sure to hunt thoroughly before this.)
She quickly looked away, blinking rapidly, as a painfully sweet rosiness rose up to her otherwise pale cheeks. With so much blood being brought together in one place, it seemed to smell even better. Had I not realised before how sweet her blood smelled? Maybe I was too entranced with her wizardly abilities.
I suddenly had a sudden urge to take in more of her scent, so I stopped myself and simply stopped breathing. It wasn't comfortable, but it wouldn't kill me.
Just about nothing would kill me.

Sabrina

I stole a glance at Edward Cullen again. I couldn't believe he'd been staring at me.
His gaze was fixed on the ground, his eyebrows were furrowed, and he didn't move one bit. It seemed even his breathing movements had been camouflaged. He looked like a statue of a Greek God. I couldn't deny his attractiveness, but I didn't fancy him. I hadn't felt the same way that I had about Cedric with anyone after he passed.
I'd seen others move on from breakups and even deaths, but for some reason I couldn't let go. I was young and maybe foolish, but I really do think I loved him.
Most of my friends who'd broken up with their boyfriends and girlfriends got over it after a few months. I'd even been told I should.
Perhaps I should. But the problem is I can't.

Not many people can understand what it truly is like to lose someone you hold dear in your heart. To lose someone you think you'll have forever. To talk to them, laugh with them, hug them, kiss them, love them... And suddenly, they're gone.
Like the final leaf of a tree in November plummeting to the ground. It's difficult to explain this notion. But simply the fact that after a year of affection, all of it disappears, is sickening.
I often think of our Yule Ball night, and our picnics, and our dates. But along with those memories comes, uninvited, the inevitable fact that I'll never experience those moments again. I'll never see Cedric again.

Author's Note:
There are a few things I'd like to fix but I need to do homework and I don't feel like spending an hour editing. Also, Sorry this is a little short.
This is the first author's note I'm making!!!
And general question: SHOULD I KEEP DOING SABRINA'S POV?
(btw sorry she keeps ranting about Cedric, she's just really sad lol)