14-Shiny Dresses and Disco Lights

Edward

Days passed, and soon enough it was Friday.
I was getting dressed as I usually did. I'd seldom attended a modern party like this one. I had, however, been to a few bars a few decades ago.
I decided to walk to Mike's house. I'd just use my vampire speed and go unnoticed.
After a few short minutes, I was there. The house wasn't a mansion, but it was a good size. The walls were white, and the shutters, roof, and doors were sand green.
I knew I wasn't early because a large amount of people's minds were available for me to read, many coming from inside the house.
I walked up the steps to the porch and rang the doorbell. Eric Yorkie opened it for me, smiling brightly.
"Edward! Come in, man!" he exclaimed, and I walked in, giving him a small smile.
The inside was practically filled with people. There were a few girls wearing extremely short, shiny dresses, swaying their hips to the music. It was quite vulgar. Most, however, were wearing usual clothes. There was a snacks and drinks table, multicoloured lights, and even a disco ball.
I noticed many girls fantasising over me, and one was so drunk she came up to me.
"Hey, Edward," she said, her voice low.
"Hello," I said, trying my best to ignore her thoughts.
"So... I've found you cute for a while," she started. I didn't answer.
She grabbed my chin with her hand and pushed her face into mine. Luckily, I was much too strong and easily untangled myself from her embrace.
"I think you might've drank far too much," I said before walking away.
I heard more thoughts from outside, and subconsciously smiled. Jessica was walking towards the door with Sabrina and Mike. I looked at Sabrina through her thoughts, and noticed she looked absolutely ravishing. She wore jeans and a blue blouse which fitted her perfectly. Her skin compared wonderfully next to it. Her hair was silky and spread across her shoulders elegantly.
She, along with her friends, rang the bell and Mike opened the door for them. As soon as he saw Sabrina, he started imagining scenarios where he were to rip the blouse off of her, touch her, kiss her... I clenched my fists and focused on Jessica's thoughts instead.
I really just don't like Mike, but he likes me. I guess I should stay with him just to have a boyfriend. He is kinda cute, I guess. I wish Edward liked me. He is so hot, oh my god. Maybe I can dance with him?
I decided not to explore farther into what she wanted to do with me, and attempted to block her thoughts out.
Leo hadn't come. Maybe his dreams were getting out of hand? I decided to explore peoples' thoughts on a larger scale and looked for Leo's.
After a few short minutes, I found him. He was in his house, upstairs in his room, which was a mess. There were clothes on the floor, none in the laundry basket, and pens and pencils everywhere. Inside this untidy space was a young man with dark brown hair and icy blue eyes. He sat on the bed, his back to the wall and his hands in his hair.
Fuck this. Fuck this. FUCK THIS.
He hit his forehead with his fists.
I can't do this. Sabrina just ruins everything. Whatever I do, she'll always be there to ruin my fucking day with her weird visions. I hate her. I HATE HER.
Leo's hair was disheveled from running his hands in it repeatedly. His eyes carried dark bags under them, making him look very fatigued. His breathing was heavy and he was even slightly sweating. I knew he didn't really think that of Sabrina. He was simply enraged. Enraged by these strange visions coming and going as they pleased, invading his mind and twisting his thoughts, causing him sleepless nights and constant panic.
I understood him.