17-Uninterested

Edward

   It felt as though a dagger was being dragged down my throat, but in the most delicious way ever. Why was it that, all of a sudden, her scent had become so evident and attractive? Did she do this on purpose?

At this moment, I didn't want to care about such technicalities. I simply wanted to look into her bright green eyes and talk to her. But did she wish to talk to me? Obviously, I was flustering her, but that was only thanks to my amplified attractiveness.
I glanced at the nape of her neck, exposed to the crisp, Autumn air. It took a great deal of self restraint to not bite into it.

Suddenly, a light breeze flew in my direction, and, consequently, Sabrina's hypnotising scent did so too. I had to leave or I would ruin and end her fragile, short-lived life and turn her into a monstrous creature like me.
   "I'd better get back," I managed to say before quickly walking (practically running) behind the house. I felt bad for leaving her there, alone, but it was a fate much more agreeable than the one I might've made her suffer.
How could I have been so foolish? How could I have thought even the possibility of us having any sort of relations would be possible?
"You are a fool, Edward. An absolute fool." Rosalie's voice sounded in my ear. I rolled my eyes and walked back inside, discreetly.
I quickly strolled over to where I was standing earlier and resorted to staring at the floor once more whilst holding my breath. I could admire Sabrina from afar, through others' lucky eyes.

Sabrina

I felt so embarrassed. Here I was, getting flustered over a handsome boy who happened to look exactly like my deceased boyfriend, and getting ditched. I really thought he was interested in what I had to say. As if.
For the first time since that awful day of 1994, I'd felt some sort of attraction towards a boy. I knew it was stupid and was only because he resembled Cedric so much, but what was I to do? I simply had to deal with it. It wasn't his fault I still wasn't over him. It wasn't anybody's fault, only mine. And that damn bastard- Voldemort. I felt my jaw clench at the thought of that disgusting, horrifying, cruel, evil rat. Just the mention of his name made me want to scream and cry and call him all the names he could be called. I took a deep breath to calm myself down and walked back inside.

   I decided to completely ignore Edward tonight. Did he think he could just play with every girl's feelings and ditch them the next second? I knew I shouldn't be mad at him, but I was. There's no way he didn't know what he was doing.
"Sabrina! You're back!" Angela exclaimed.
"Yeah, I was just out for a little bit of air. It's hot in here, phew!"
I looked around, Angela was the only one there.
"Where are the others?" I asked.
"Oh, Jessica's over there with Mike, and... Eric is with a girl I don't know. I think her name's Lily. Wait no—Lilliana. Or was it Lydia? Honestly, no idea."
I nodded and glanced at Jessica. She caught sight of me and muttered something to Mike before coming back to us.
"Sabrina, hey! So like, I was with Mike, just like, dancing, right? And then there was this girl—Emma or something? Well, she came up to him and he just kept on, like, smiling and stuff, you know? He's like, totally flirting. I don't know what to do. Should I break up with him? Cause like, who else will ask me out?"
I quietly sighed exasperatedly.
"Er, I-look, honestly, I don't know. Just-just do whatever you want," I mustered out. I hadn't realised how tired I was, and the booming music and shouting voices weren't making it any better.
"Sabrina, how do you do it? I think Edward's staring at you again!" Jessica whisper-shouted, completely ignoring my "words of wisdom".
I made sure to show no signs of even thinking to look back at him; I didn't want to boost his already thick ego.
"Okay, that's cool. Anyways, tell me about Mike?" I asked, trying to act as uninterested as possible. I dearly hoped that whatever sixth sense hearing he had, he'd heard me say that. Ha! And he thought I was interested. Not a chance.
Jessica first frowned, then starting telling us another useless story about her relationship whilst I pretended to be invested.