•Chapter One Hundred & Forty Two•

M U T E D

Season 10

Daryl's Point of View:
I guided everyone through the cave, usin the arm as a torch to see my way through. I turn around when I see something and look at Connie.

"Alright. I need you to stay here. Keep everyone together." I instruct her. She nods her head and holds tight of the arm torch. I quickly pull away and walk ahead. I get to a tight, enclosed area and light up a match, looking around. As I passed by, Connie asks Carol if she was okay. Carol pressed herself against the wall, breathing heavy. I look at B and see her holding herself tight, her eyes squeezed shut and breathing heavy herself. Jerry stood before her, rubbing her arms to keep her calm.

"I'm fine. Just a little winded." Carol says breathlessly.

"She's claustrophobic." I say.

"Why didn't you think of that before you got us all trapped down here?" I hear Magna.

"Hey. Not the time for this." Aaron says.

"Why not?" Magna argues. "Seems like we have plenty of it." I place my hands between a small opening and see the flame of the match pullin inside. Winds carryin it that way, it's gotta be a way out. "What the hell were you two thinking, huh? Running off like that by yourselves?" Magna growls. She turns to B, glaring at her.

"Hey! We ain't got time for this shit. We got in this mess together. We're gonna get out of it together. Now follow me." I say. "I found a way out." Everyone follows behind me as I pushed myself between the enclosed area, slipping into a wider area. We go for a long while before comin to an opening. There are cone-like rocks hangin from the low ceiling of the cave, water drippin from them.

"Alright. We'll stay here for a little, rest up. Those cones hangin from the ceilin, build up on some water." I tell everyone.

"Should I even bother about asking how we are on food?" Jerry asks.

"Food? How long do you think we're staying here?" Kelly asks. I walk over to B and see her sitting on the floor, head in her knees. I kneel down in front of her, holding onto her thighs.

"You okay?" I softly ask her. B kept her face hidden but put up her hands.

"Magna has every right to be pissed at me. Everyone does." She says.

"Nah, don't think like that. It's not your fault." I say.

"It's not Carol's either." She argues.

"Look, you guys just...froze for a second or somethin, okay? I get why you did it. But you gotta remember there are other people with you." I tell her. B finally picks her head up and looks me in the eyes. "Don't worry about what everyone thinks of you, alright? Just...worry about us getting the hell outta here." She nods her head and I planted myself next to her, holding her in my arms. "It'll be okay. We'll be okay, I promise."

"Hey. Can I...Can I get matches?" Magna quickly approaches me.

"You should try to take it easy for a minute." I say.

"I can't. I need to do something." She says. I pull the box of matches and gave them to her. I look back at B and she lets out a sigh, digging her nails into her hand, almost breakin the skin.