•Chapter Forty One•

M U T E D

Season 3

Daryl's Point of View:

I throw out my cigarette and head inside. I walked down the stairs and see few others at the tables eating.

"Daryl." I turn my head and see Carol approaching me. "Can we talk?" She asks.

"Yeah." I say.

"Not here." She quickly says. We walk into the cell's and we walk up the stairs, standing on the perch.

"I'm...worried about Bobbie." She utters.

"Worried about B? Why?" I ask.

"She's...different."

"Different how?"

"She doesn't look good. She's pale, it's like she's seen a ghost."

"Maybe something spooked her?" I question.

"When Rick was wandering crazy town, I watched Bobbie leave the prison. She went out to the woods."

"Maybe to go hunting." I shrug.

"If she did, why didn't she tell us? You know how she is. She always lets us know where she's going." Carol says.

"Do I need to remind you what she did back at the farm? She went after Rick and Hershel without tellin anybody." I frown.

"Which is why I followed her. I told Hershel that Bobbie and I were going hunting." She folds her arms over her chest.

"So what's the point of this talk?" I ask. Carol takes a deep breath.

"When I followed Bobbie, at one point I lost her. When I found her, she was talking to somebody."

"Talkin?"

"You know what I mean. But, Daryl that's not the point. She was talking to somebody."

"Who?"

"Nobody." I furrow my brows in confusion.

"Nobody?" I question.

"She was hunched over a tree log just talking to somebody. I was in close range to hear everything. But there wasn't anybody there."

"Maybe they were hidden in the bushes." I shrug.

"Don't be naive, Daryl. There was a clear view of everything, there wasn't anybody out there with her." She says. If B is out there talkin to...people? Ghosts? Her...imagination? I don't get it.

"What should I do?" I ask.

"I don't know. I've never dealt with people who talk to their imaginary friends. Rick saw his dead wife, what if she's seeing somebody?"

"B ain't got a husband." I say.

"No. But she should be seeing somebody close to her." She shrugs.