•Chapter Twenty One•

M U T E D

Season 2

Bobbie's Point of View:

It's been a week. Hershel did the surgery on Randall and he said he could be back on his feet within a week. Rick didn't want to kill him, mostly because I talked him into it. Randall's a kid, yeah, he might've tried to kill us, but it's not like he knows any better. He was doing what his people ordered him to do, it's the same for us here. Killing a kid isn't right and to me, it isn't fair. I talked Rick into giving Randall a bag of a few supplies and take him far from the farm, that way if Randall finds his way back to his people, he can't lead them here, our safe haven.

Rick and Shane are preparing Randall for travel. Rick and Lori talked as Shane kept watch of Randall in the back seat, looking around. I bite the side of my cheek as I kept the idea spinning in my head, waiting to explode. I finally stomp my foot down and I make my way over to Rick quickly, hoping he wouldn't get in the car yet. He and Lori see me approaching them and they turn their bodies toward me.

"Blind fold him. Plug his ears. Bind his feet and hands together. If he finds his people, he'll lead them right to our front door step." Rick looks at Lori.

"I didn't think of that." He says.

"That's...really smart, Bobbie. Thank you." Lori says. I nod my head and walk off. I watch Rick and Shane bind, blind fold and cover Randall's ears and they stick him in the trunk. Wasn't my idea on that, but I guess whatever works, works.

Rick and Shane leave. They're heading 18 miles out to give Randall a good chance at survival instead of just tossing him out on his ass, giving him no chance at fighting for his life.

Lori, Maggie and I prepped dinner for Beth. Beth is...well, I wouldn't say okay. She seems depressed in my eyes. She doesn't speak to anyone, lays in bed, sleeps, and if she's not sleeping, she just stares up at the ceiling or the walls.

"Rick say anything to you about Glenn when they got back from town?" Maggie suddenly asks.

"Just that it had gotten pretty bad." Lori responds as she cuts a cucumber.

"He's not the same. Says he froze. Blames me. Says I got in his head." Maggie says.

"He came back- that's all that matters. Men have to do certain things- you know that- and they're gonna blame the little women as the reason they do 'em or the reason they don't. I'll tell you- what happens out there, happens out there. And we- we're just trying to keep it together til they get back." Lori says.

"Things were good. Maybe I-"

"Glenn's a big boy. He makes his own choices. And you- do you have anything to apologize for?" Maggie shakes her head.

"Tell him to man up and pull himself together." She lightly smiles and nods her head. "Just don't say man up, it never goes well." She smiles, causing Maggie to smile.

"I'll just get this to Beth." She says and picks up the tray of food and water. Lori munches on the left over cucumber she cut for Beth.

"Has Daryl spoken to you?" Lori asks. I lean against the counter and shake my head. Daryl hasn't spoken to me for the past week, not ever since he blew up in my face about leaving without telling him. I won't lie, I miss talking to him as he's really the only guy I talk to around here.