•Chapter Eighty Five•

Last chapter was pretty long, but I'm hoping this chapter won't be. I didn't know where to end the last chapter, sorry!

M U T E D

Season 6

Daryl's Point of View:
I woke up in bed, staring up at the ceiling. I just wanna lay here in bed honestly. I don't wanna move. I don't wanna do anything. I just wanna lay here and die. But I can't give up just because...I just can't give up. I gotta keep goin.

Rick and I are goin out on a run today. Two weeks ago, everything fell apart; the herd, the wall comin down, losin people, losin people we love, Deanna. Rick told me Deanna got bit trynna help her home, her creation here. She'll always be remembered though, never forgotten.

I walked over to the car and see Denise standing to the side, simply minding her business. She gave me a list a couple days ago, following Rick's orders. He wanted everyone to give us a list so we could get everyone everything they needed. Hence why I'm talkin to Denise right now. 

"Hey."

"Yes?"

"This thing at the bottom right here." I point to the bottom of the slip of paper. "You're talking about the drink, right?"

"I am, but..." She says.

"It's not medical." I say, shaking my head to agreeing with her.

"No, I drew a line between the important stuff and that. I just figured if you saw it..."

"Alright." I say.

"Anything remotely medical is a priority. And food, maybe food before medicine, and gas or batteries or books for the kids or clothes is just-if you see it, if it just happens to, you know, be right there." She says.

"You like it, right?" I ask.

"No, I don't drink pop." She shakes her head.

"The hells pop?" I ask.

"Oh, I'm originally from Ohio." She says.

"Why you want it?" I ask.

"Tara was talking about it in her sleep, I think. Either she likes it or she doesn't, but if she likes it, it'll be a nice surprise." She smiles. "I'm not that good with that kind of stuff, and she and Heath are going on that two week run. I just thought it'd be a nice going away present. Just uh, don't go out of your way. And if it gives you any trouble..." I mocked the way she flared her arms around. She catches on and huffs out a light laugh, shaking her head at me. "You don't have to mock me." She punches my arm. I then walk away, quickly turning my body around and waving the slip of paper in the air.

"I won't." I say.

"Okay, good. 'Cause it's not important." She says. "I should've said so instead of drawing a line."

"Got it." I say.

"You ready to go?" Rick meets me at the car. I nodded my head.

"Yeah. You?" I throw his question back at him.

"Yeah." He nods. We finished loading up the car and putting gas in the tank.

"Mr. Dixon?" I turn my head and see three people standing near me. I paused filling the tank up and sat the Jerry can down. They all exchanged eyes before looking back at me.

"We just wanted to say..."

"We're sorry for your loss."

"We just wanted to...say we're sorry. She was a good person to the community. Even though she didn't really interact with everyone."