•Chapter Forty Five•

M U T E D

Season 3

PLEASE READ THE END OF THIS CHAPTER! IT IS VERY IMPORTANT YOU GUYS READ IT SO NOBODY GETS CONFUSED! THIS WAS A LAST MINUTE DECISION SO PLEASE DONT HATE ME!
THANK YOU:)

Daryl's Point of View:

After searching around the prison for Merle, I figured he had to be in the tombs, looking for something, maybe like drugs. Never could stay off them damn things. I hear noise in the generator room and I pick up my crossbow.

"Merle. You down here?" I call out. More noise comes from the generator room, but Merle, or anybody responds back. "Merle." I call again as I enter the room. I turn my head to the left and see him leaning against the counter, smiling.

"Hey, little brother." He greets.

"What the hell?" I question him. The hell's he doin down here?

"I was just about to holler back at ya." He says.

"What are you doin down here?" I ask.

"Just lookin for a little crystal meth." He says. I stare at him. I wouldn't give him the best brother award to him, but he was there in some ways, little, very little, but still.

"Yeah, I know. Shit messed my life up when everything was going sweet, right?" He asks.

"You talk to Rick yet?" I ask.

"Yeah! Oh, yeah, I'm in. But, uh, he ain't got the stomach for it." He says.

"He's gonna buckle." I say. "You know that, right?"

"Yeah. If he does, he does." He says. "You want him to?" He asks.

"Whatever says goes." I shrug.

"Man. Do you even possess a pair of balls, little brother? Are they even attached? I mean, if they are, they belong to you? You used to call people like that sheep. What happened?"

"What happened to Glenn and Maggie?" I fire back.

"I've done worse. Things are different now. Your people look at me like I'm the devil...grabbing up those lovebirds, huh? Now ya'll want to do the same damn thing I did- snatch them up and deliver them to the Governor, just like me."

"Yeah. People do what they gotta do or they die."

"Can't do things without people, man. Maybe these people need somebody like me around, huh? Do their dirty work. The bad guy."

"Yeah, maybe that's how it is now, huh?" I say.

"How does that hit you?" He asks. I take a minute to find the honesty in me.

"I just want my brother back." I say, staring in his eyes.

"Get out of here, man." He says. I breathe deep before walking away from him. Can't ever be heart to heart with 'em. Never could, can't be now. Guess things will never change for him.