Chapter -39

☆ Aftermath of the plan☆

'Grief destroys one's courage. It destroys one's learning. It destroys one's everything. There is no enemy greater than grief.'

Madhuri remembered this from the Ramayana as she watched her brother and Sanam walk in circles around the fire.

Her grief was her enemy, she realized that moment. Her grief that the man she loved chose her elder sister. Her grief that even after trying everything to have him love her she couldn't be deserving of his love. She agreed to be a surrogate just to have a chance to be him , but Adhiraj never looked at her that way. For him it was always Mamta and will be just her because he refuses to move on.

She blamed Mamta for it all but Annika became the victim of her hatred.

Her gaze shifted to Annika, who was standing beside Kartik smiling ear to ear.

Her smile was neither a winning one nor a mocking one that she succeeded in being the part of the wedding at last. She hadn't even glanced at towards Madhuri for once. Her smile held a gleam of enthusiasm and content.

Madhuri knew Annika wouldn't mock her or say anything to her on all this. She'd avoid the topic and even if asked she'd never open her mouth against her. Not because she was afraid of her but because she'd never want Aditya to know what their mother truly was.

Poor girl didn't know that she had been fed lies all this time. She had been living in a mirage. A mirage of lies her dear mother has formed for years now.

****

Annika giggled as the games after the wedding went on with everyone having their share of fun.

Things were okay-ish for the time being. But she knew confrontation was what awaited her.

Aditya hadn't even looked towards her from the moment she entered while she herself didn't share a look with anyone else other than Kartik , who stood beside her all the time till the wedding got over.

He even did all the work as she told him too. Although unaware of her lies but he didn't question her even for once.

"Adi bhaiya won ! I knew it! " Someone gushed and she focused on what was going on around her.

It was the last the last ritual for the day according to the schedule. Tomorrow the day would start with the pehli rasoi followed by farewell to the guests. The day after they were all heeding back to Mumbai.

She and Gauri along with Kartik's almost girlfriend walked with Sanam to Aditya's room. The party of four entered inside and Sanam looked around the room.

No flowers on the bed as Aditya wouldn't appreciate that , the room was lit up with scented candles. It was fairly decorated, neither too much and nor too less.

"You like it?" Naira asked hesitantly

Kartik had asked for her little help and she even though was awkward wi but didn't had a heart to refuse him.

"It is really pretty! " Sanam replied with a small sweet smile.

Annika looked at both girls and shared a look with Gauri. They knew that the two of them would eventually bond well.

"Okay , bhai would be here so we should leave." Annika suddenly told them and both the other girls nodded.

"Annika , would you wait for a moment please!" Sanam requested.

Annika pursed her lips, she didn't want to talk to Aditya now but at the same time she needed to apologise to Sanam for what happened. This was a weird situation.